It's been open for 5 minutes

He's currently at a market appropriate deal, as a below average QB.

Next year when his charge shoots up, they will quickly move on.

This. Smith could have signed a more team friendly deal but he didn't want any funny money in his contract.

New England is wheeling and dealing, that's what it takes to go to the SB.

This is very different From the norm for NE. Patriots usually give players fair, but not overblown contracts and let the greedy ones walk, while adding veteran pieces in FA that will take a paycut to play for a Super Bowl contender. Chiefs are trying to get there, but aren't quite there with depth yet, so they have to pay guys like Berry and Houston because the depth dropoff at those positions isn't close. But this year NE has 60 mill, so they have been signing higher profile players than the norm...

All that said...it doesn't matter what we do this year...I'm ready to hand the 2017-2018 Lombardi to the patriots again...let's just get a head start on the 2018-2019 season now...lol

Dorsey always seems to score on second tier free agents on 1 or 2 year prove it deals and then let's them walk when they out perform their contracts. I expect some middle tier signings to fill some gaps like Defensive Tackle and Middle linebacker etc. Much like the Spiller signing already. Guys that have flashed. Parker and Abdullah and Branch are success stories with this method in recent memory. I expect more of the same.

The Raiders are making some major upgrades, They will be the favorites to win our division.

They lost their runningback. I hope Peterson goes there. I doubt he does. I believe they will pick a runningback in the draft instead. Peterson has been overlooked by every team he has visited. He is washed up, according to many. That is why I wish him on the Raiders. Likely, not going to happen.

• 4 weeks later...

i have seen this movie too many times...the raiders sign a ton of FA's but always do something stupid that costs them the division or a chance to get

deep in the playoffs

to be truthful tho until the Chiefs win = or more SB's its hard to say what the do is wrong

Archived