4 more years for Dirty Dan

I want to look at his contract details before commenting. I do know he is a valuable player, and would have cost over $2.7 M this year. The following season, Sorensen would have become a FA, and that number may have been much higher. My guess is the Chiefs were working out a deal, and thought another team would swoop him up. That is why they stuck a 2nd round grade on him.

Sorensen was a good college player, but lacked ideal size. His 4.67 40 time may have put a few teams off. However, if one only looked at his 3 cone, 20 shuttle, and 60 shuttle times, and 32 inch vertical, it should have been a nonissue. Those were very good measurements. Sorensen went undrafted, and that was a bit of a shock to me at the time. I was happy to see the Chiefs swoop him up right away as a UDFA. Sorensen completely retooled his body by spending lots of time in the weight room. If anything, the additional  muscle made him even faster. He looks heavier, and better cut. The Chiefs still list him at 208, but he looks closer to 220. Dirty Dan reminds me of John Lynch. He is not quite as fast, but every bit as quick.

Archived