Sidney Jones...how far does he fall? Do we take a chance?

CB from Washington went down during his pro day and most likely ruptured his Achilles according to reports.

This is the CB that several analysts compared to Marcus Peters and some even has us mocked to take him. Knowing he isn't going to play his rookie year, how far do you think he will fall in the draft, and at what point do you consider him? Just curious on everyone's thoughts...

Doesn't really have a history.

Thought he was the best CB in the draft and was basically Marcus Peters 2.0 without the issues.  The problem is that you will have to accept the fact that he's not going to play for you at all for the first year and he'll look bad the following season due to total inexperience, still recovering and rust.

So you're really looking at half of his rookie contract being a sunk cost. 

Pass. Chiefs need players. Guys who can contribute sooner than later. Gonna have to replace DJ and Tamba real soon. Looking at another running back to replace Charles. Supposedly the DB class is strong this year. No reason the Chiefs can't come away with a good player who isn't injured.

Cleveland may offer up a first day pick for him. I wouldn't touch it until the third day. If they get a really good doctor report, then maybe day 2.

This is a really tough injury. It can be a career defining event. It is very sad. However, the Chiefs should not be guilt-ed into taking him high.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be a steal.

Possibly, if he's ever the same athletically. Huge risk. I wouldn't spend a top 3 pick on him at this juncture, especially given the amount of talent at the CB position in this draft.

Possibly, if he's ever the same athletically. Huge risk. I wouldn't spend a top 3 pick on him at this juncture, especially given the amount of talent at the CB position in this draft.

What round was Jared Allen picked, fourth? That is about where good teams decide to take risks on risky players.

What round was Jared Allen picked, fourth? That is about where good teams decide to take risks on risky players.

4th. And yeah, usually 3rd to 4th round you start seeing it. That's why I don't see Mixon going first 2 rounds either. He's certainly not going first, maybe he slides into the late second, but I still doubt it. 

The Chiefs are closer to Oklahoma University than any other team other than Dallas. They should know a lot about Mixon. The Chiefs is the only team not to meet with Mixon this year. I think that says to me they are not interested.

Mixon is the second best running back in the draft.

The Chiefs are closer to Oklahoma University than any other team other than Dallas. They should know a lot about Mixon.

Not sure why that matters. They have invented phones and airplanes now. You no longer have to walk to a college campus to dig up intel on players.

Archived