Knile Davis signs with Steelers

The Steelers added depth at running back when they signed free agent Knile Davis to a one-year deal on Monday.

Davis, the Kansas City Chiefs third-round draft pick in 2013, has played in 57 games in his four season, including two with the Green Bay Packers in 2016.

He has 250 carries for 805 yards, a 3.2-yard average, and 11 touchdowns in his four seasons. He also has 34 receptions for 271 yards and a one touchdown.

Davis was utilized in the kickoff return game for the Chiefs, and in the 2015 AFC Wild Card game he returned the opening kickoff 106 yards for a touchdown against the Houston Texans. He also had a 108-yard kickoff return against the Denver Broncos in 2013. He has returned 73 kickoffs for 1,960 yards, a 26.8-yard average, and two kickoff returns for touchdowns. Davis had a 109-yard kickoff return for a touchdown against the Steelers in the 2013 preseason.

“I have done well in the past with kickoff returns,” said Davis. “I feel like I can help the Steelers out. That’s going to be a big role for me.”

He has some running ability also. Just the combination of poor blocking, lack of illusiveness and a history of fumbling are just too much to over come. I think he is OK returning kicks, but he doesn't bring a lot to the table. Reminds me if LJ. Hope he does well, but I doubt it.

I do not think he will make it through camp with the Steelers.

They are a "no-bullshit / toughness centered " organization.

Knile can not stay out of the tub.

w

Am I missing something? I don't recall him being injury prone.

Le'Veon Bell is owed $12,120,000 this year, and has zero dead money counting against the cap. This is his final year of his contract. He was suspended for 3 games because of substance abuse. The Steelers need to keep their options open. If Bell test positive again, it could be a full year suspension.

Archived