Tight end Gavin Escobar visiting Chiefs today

Are we intending for Kelce to get super aids or something?

He has a longterm contract and no reason to release him. It's absurd.

I'm not the most Cap knowledgeable person but it appears to me that by this link 2019 is  the beginning of the time when cutting him for cap space reasons might be an option

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/travis-kelce-12344/

Are we intending for Kelce to get super aids or something?

He has a longterm contract and no reason to release him. It's absurd.

I would suggest a 2 TE set might fit ideally with our offense. 3 sometimes. In this scenario you would be drafting a full time starter at a skill position. How is that absurd?

There is also that fact that Kelce is not the most stable guy. He threw a flag on and official and said public ally that another was not qualified to work at a Foot Locker. If you don't think he is on a short leash for suspension and ejections, I would struggle to understand that logic.

Also, TE is our leading receiving option. Should Kelce blow out a knee or some other season ending injury, who takes over? Shag? Bricks? Pablo? There is nothing besides Kelce.

I would argue we knee TE more than WR. That said, I am asking Santa for LB and an Olineman, but BPA every round regardless of need.

I would suggest a 2 TE set might fit ideally with our offense. 3 sometimes. In this scenario you would be drafting a full time starter at a skill position. How is that absurd?

There is also that fact that Kelce is not the most stable guy. He threw a flag on and official and said public ally that another was not qualified to work at a Foot Locker. If you don't think he is on a short leash for suspension and ejections, I would struggle to understand that logic.

Also, TE is our leading receiving option. Should Kelce blow out a knee or some other season ending injury, who takes over? Shag? Bricks? Pablo? There is nothing besides Kelce.

I would argue we knee TE more than WR. That said, I am asking Santa for LB and an Olineman, but BPA every round regardless of need.

3? Not likely.

I don't see 2 being a base because Andy will look to spread it out, a lot. You're drafting in the first round for a surefire back up. That's stupid, no matter how hard you try to justify it.

I'm not the most Cap knowledgeable person but it appears to me that by this link 2019 is  the beginning of the time when cutting him for cap space reasons might be an option

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/travis-kelce-12344/

Are you implying that they should cut Kelce at his peak for cap space? Smh

3? Not likely.

I don't see 2 being a base because Andy will look to spread it out, a lot. You're drafting in the first round for a surefire back up. That's stupid, no matter how hard you try to justify it.

Are you implying that they should cut Kelce at his peak for cap space? Smh

No & I don't imply.. I'm just saying that a good solid often team drafts for needs in 2-3 years.. its just an option that is open. Kelce could very well get more ate up with the dumbass than he already is..His personality  alone makes him  a "Not keep at all costs" type of player. I severe injury could hasten that decision.

Tight end is smart. If not the other reasons people have listed, how about the fact that the best stretch of Alex's chiefs tenure came when we ran heavy 2 and 3 tight end sets for about half a season or so.

Plus this is a deep tight end class and we have shit after kelce.

No & I don't imply.. I'm just saying that a good solid often team drafts for needs in 2-3 years.. its just an option that is open. Kelce could very well get more ate up with the dumbass than he already is..His personality  alone makes him  a "Not keep at all costs" type of player. I severe injury could hasten that decision.

Teams don't spend a first round pick to have a future starting TE years later. Drafting a depth TE, in a deep TE class when you really don't have a quality starting ILB or QB is fucking nuts.

They are also going to be minus 2 pass-rushers (Hali and Ford if they decline his option year), 2 starting DL (Howard and Logan) and maybe Ron Parker.  They may not have a starting QB either.

This team has more pressing needs. 

Teams don't spend a first round pick to have a future starting TE years later. Drafting a depth TE, in a deep TE class when you really don't have a quality starting ILB or QB is fucking nuts.

They are also going to be minus 2 pass-rushers (Hali and Ford if they decline his option year), 2 starting DL (Howard and Logan) and maybe Ron Parker.  They may not have a starting QB either.

This team has more pressing needs. 

all good arguments & I'm not soliciting that they do. I'm not a Draft Nerd. I gather my info from what is on this board and since I only have Antenna TV  I'm pretty ignorant until  I get the reviews from who they do pick. I agree they do need more pressing needs but thats just my opinion and it dont mean squat.

3? Not likely.

We already try 3 TE sets and more so 2 TE sets. I don't know why it is stupid. Don't tell NE it's stupid because they really tore it up with 2 TEs when they had 2 studs. Just an opinion, but 2 TE sets tend to make teams play the run and it's easier to get mismatches. We rarely uses a FB and I would take 2 stud TEs with 2 WRs over 3 average WRs every day of the week.

Not saying that TE is there in the first or second or third, just saying it really opens up your options.

We already try 3 TE sets and more so 2 TE sets. I don't know why it is stupid. Don't tell NE it's stupid because they really tore it up with 2 TEs when they had 2 studs. Just an opinion, but 2 TE sets tend to make teams play the run and it's easier to get mismatches. We rarely uses a FB and I would take 2 stud TEs with 2 WRs over 3 average WRs every day of the week.

Not saying that TE is there in the first or second or third, just saying it really opens up your options.

That's why they loaded up on scrappy white receivers and went back to spreading things out.

I'm not saying 2 TE sets are bad, I am saying Andy prefers to spread it out like McDaniels but doesn't because his QB struggles with progression.

You can't in a million years convince me, or anyone with a logical thought process, that drafting a TE with the top pick makes any form of sense for this squad. It's absolutely absurd.

Anyone who advocates it doesn't understand the strengths of this draft or what shape the Chiefs are in. Or how Dorsey drafts with the top pick.

Now with that said, I do think they will draft one.  It's just not going to be the first round.  Why in the hell would they feel pressed to go TE early in a very deep class?  Why would Dorsey buck his trend of drafting for replacing a current starter in the next year, to do that move?  Why would they go heavy emphasis on this mystical 2 TE set, for a QB they aren't committing themselves to beyond 2017?  It just doesn't mesh.

That's why they loaded up on scrappy white receivers and went back to spreading.

I think Hernandez going to prison for murder is why they stopped. They were loaded with small white receivers when they were doing it. Outside of TE, 3 of the top 4 in receiving yards were Welker, Edelman and Woodhead.

How does releasing Welker and signing Amondola qualify as loading but on scrappy? Sounds like getting less scrappy to me.

See I disagreed with you without calling you stupid. You can do it too. I have faith in you.

I think Hernandez going to prison for murder is why they stopped. They were loaded with small white receivers when they were doing it. Outside of TE, 3 of the top 4 in receiving yards were Welker, Edelman and Woodhead.

How does releasing Welker and signing Amondola qualify as loading but on scrappy? Sounds like getting less scrappy to me.

See I disagreed with you without calling you stupid. You can do it too. I have faith in you.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm saying the idea of drafting a 2nd TE in the first round is stupid, not you personally. Don't take words posted on a MB seriously.

They brought in Amondola and Chris Hogan and developed Edelman.

Hernandez going to prison doesn't have a lot to do with it. More of they lost BoB and got McD back and won 2 more SBs.

I mean while we're at it, lets draft a Kicker in the first round.

Archived