Semo Mock 4/5/17

1 – Haason Reddick ILB Temple 6'1" 237lbs

Probably the biggest riser in this year's draft. And, for good reason. Great athlete with good feet. Started out as a DB, covers well. Always around the ball. Sideline to sideline speed. An added plus is that he can rush the passer. 21.5 TFL last season. Might not make it to this pick.

If Mahomes or Watson are there at this pick, I could see Dorsey rolling the dice. And, I wouldn't be disappointed. I could also see a corner like Conley, Wilson or White going in this slot.

2 – Tyus Bowser EDGE Houston 6'3" 247lbs

This kid's tape is awesome. Relentless pass rusher, who is plus in coverage. Showed major improvement last year against the run game. Some pundits have him sneaking into round 1.

3 – Marlon Mack RB South Florida 5'11" 213lbs

Dual threat out of the backfield. Perfect fit for the WCO. Good vision and ability. Big play potential. Tries to bounce it outside way too much. Will have to be more disciplined against NFL defenses.

3 – (comp) – Nathan Peterman QB Pitt 6'2" 226lbs

Played in a pro style offense. Smart. Has plenty of arm. Good fit for what Reid likes to do. Compares to Cousins.

4 – Cameron Sutton CB Tennessee 5'11" 188lbs

Man cover corner. Mirrors well, has fluid hips. Easily turns and runs with receiver. Lacking in run support. Small frame. Punt returner. Might be a little low for him in round 4. With all of the corners this year, some will fall.

5 – Eric Saubert TE Drake 6'5" 253lbs

Small school guy, great run after catch ability. Hard to bring down. Similar to Kelce, as he lined up all over the field and is a weapon in the redzone. Needs a lot of work as a blocker and needs to improve his hands. Could be one of the sleepers in this draft.

5 - (comp) - DeAngelo Brown DT Louisville 6'0" 312lbs

Developmental player for the nose. Could work his way into a rotation.

6 - forfeited

6 – (comp) – Jeremy Clark CB/S Michigan 6'3" 220lbs

Great length, good ball skills. Special teamer early, could develop for nickel and dime packages. Torn ACL last year.

6 – (comp) – Jalen Robinette WR Air Force 6'3" 220lbs

Has the size and ball skills to earn a roster spot. VERY raw. Might need a year on the practice squad.

7 – Jonathon McLaughlin OT/OG Virginia Tech 6'5" 313lbs

Depth. Project. The talent and measurables are there, if they can be honed. Practice squad candidate.

Good list, SEMO.  I don't know anything about Marlon Mack so will have to research him.  My RB pick is Hill from Wyoming.  Do you really think Peterman has the potential to become Smith's replacement?  I've seen too many Murrys, Brays, Hogans, etc. and have become cynical about third day QBs.

Good list, SEMO. I don't know anything about Marlon Mack so will have to research him. My RB pick is Hill from Wyoming. Do you really think Peterman has the potential to become Smith's replacement? I've seen too many Murrys, Brays, Hogans, etc. and have become cynical about third day QBs.

I have had Hill mocked in the 4th for awhile, and would be fine with him in red and gold. Mack is a little more elusive and a better receiver. Has more big play potential also.

Peterman has been in my mock from day one. He has all of the tools, but he won't wow you with intangibles. He shows up in big games (watch his tape against Clemson). He is methodical. Moves the team down the field, makes the right reads. I think he could be developed and be ready in a year or two.

I would just be leary of using our 1 on any of the QBs projected to go that high. If Dorsey does so, then I will support it, and have some guarded excitement. I just won't expect the moon. At least not right away.

Reddick is gonna be gone before the Chiefs pick, same with Peterman. Bowser might be too early.

With Dorsey being able to pluck a RB out of the trashcan, I'd be surprised if he went RB that early unless the value was tremendous.

Possible. But, we hear this every year, and every year there are players that are drafted higher than graded and lower than graded.

Reddick is gonna be gone before the Chiefs pick, same with Peterman. Bowser might be too early.

With Dorsey being able to pluck a RB out of the trashcan, I'd be surprised if he went RB that early unless the value was tremendous.

Aside from Ware, who has Dorsey picked up that we would want to see starting for the Chiefs?  I'm not saying the Chiefs have to spend a first day pick on a RB, but they need new talent to replace JC.  Ware can't do it all.

Aside from Ware, who has Dorsey picked up that we would want to see starting for the Chiefs? I'm not saying the Chiefs have to spend a first day pick on a RB, but they need new talent to replace JC. Ware can't do it all.

Nobody is saying Ware has to do it all. The Chiefs have shifted to a RB by committee system and there are backs that can fill the spot JC vacated deep into Day 3.

They are replacing the piece on the puzzle they cut loose. Dorsey picked up Ware and West without investing much and I don't see why they can't load in a young hungry runner to fill it out on the cheap.

Nobody is saying Ware has to do it all. The Chiefs have shifted to a RB by committee system and there are backs that can fill the spot JC vacated deep into Day 3.

They are replacing the piece on the puzzle they cut loose. Dorsey picked up Ware and West without investing much and I don't see why they can't load in a young hungry runner to fill it out on the cheap.

Agree. Rbbc is fine.

Agree. U can find that on day 3 though. Lots of rbs in this draft.

Yep.  That's why I said we don't want to spend a top pick on RB.  Also the reason I've mocked Hill from Wyoming as a third day pick.  Ware, West, Hill, and an occasional Tyreek gadget would be my RBBC.

I don't see a pick at the end of the 3rd round as a "top pick." Mack would be 2nd rounder any other year. With the lacking run blocking our line employs, you better have someone who can improvise.

Like I said, I like Hill and would be fine with him in round 4. Just prefer Mack.

I don't see a pick at the end of the 3rd round as a "top pick." Mack would be 2nd rounder any other year. With the lacking run blocking our line employs, you better have someone who can improvise.

Like I said, I like Hill and would be fine with him in round 4. Just prefer Mack.

3rd rd rb is fine with me. Close enough to day 3.

Archived