Looks like Mel Kiper got the message

And the Johnny Football draft. That was all they talked about was how crazy it was that he fell out of the top ten. Every pick they seemed stunned that he was still there.

I'm not against grabbing Mahomes in the first round if he doesn't cost too much.  I am against trading two firsts and a third for someone who could be a future starter or even a star QB but is just as likely to become a bust.  We don't know that a second day pick isn't just as likely to succeed.  It not like the Chiefs don't have other glaring needs.  A future QB is at the top of the list, but not worth trading away so much on a hope and a prayer.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not against grabbing Mahomes in the first round if he doesn't cost too much. I am against trading two firsts and a third for someone who could be a future starter or even a star QB but is just as likely to become a bust. We don't know that a second day pick isn't just as likely to succeed. It not like the Chiefs don't have other glaring needs. A future QB is at the top of the list, but not worth trading away so much on a hope and a prayer.

I don't see Dorsey trading a bunch of picks for one player. He knows they will be up against the cap for a few years and will also have to extend Peters. He will have to fill holes with draft picks.

But, if he does use multiple picks on one guy, I'll have to trust him, I guess.

Archived