Chiefs 1st Round Draft Pick Prediction 2017

I would like to see the Chiefs draft Kevin King CB Washington 6'3" 200lbs 4.43, I read that he didn't allow a TD at all during the 2016 season and only 1 TD in his last 28 games, also he is suppose to be a better player than Marcus Peters, sounds like a good pick to me. ;)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know enough about the kid to make an assessment. But it seems to me the knock on him is he has weak upper body. This is important because if he needs to jam receivers on the line how effective will he be? Has good speed but bites on fakes. Concerns about his ability to transfer game to the NFL level. But then to be fair...that should be a valid point for any college pick. The cornerback position is talented and deep this year. So I expect the Chiefs to nab one. Not sure it needs to be in Round 1 though..

We need to exercise some patience with the guys we have with potential.

Wilson has flashed some potential and we have a younger player in Mitchell that showed some worth at CB2. Although I'm not as high on him, Conley should be given some time also.

Lets replace what we know is broken (elephant rusher, QB, 3rd rb spot, TE depth chart).

Can you define what you're referring to as the elephant rusher? Chiefs don't usually play an elephant position ala Pete Carroll but rather just WOLB and SOLB. The SOLB would be where hali and Ford are so I assume that's what we are referring to. Most times the elephant is synonymous with the Leo position Carroll uses. Usually it's on the weakside though is it not?

Either way I don't see how qualls is remotely qualified to play any olb position in a 34.

Archived