Chiefs 1st Round Draft Pick Prediction 2017

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe we do with something up the the middle on defense round 1.

NT/DT, ILB

Why Add anyone on offense..

Because Ware isn't enough at RB, but the Chiefs don't need a first round pick there.  Gotta be able to stop the run as the playoff game clearly showed.

Because Ware isn't enough at RB, but the Chiefs don't need a first round pick there. Gotta be able to stop the run as the playoff game clearly showed.

Toungue in cheek... doesn't matter what pieces we add on offense

Toungue in cheek... doesn't matter what pieces we add on offense

We also need to pick up more first downs and take pressure off the QB and defense. I think Ware had like one run over 15 yds the last 7-8 games. Not cutting it. Our run D will be better. Cutting Howard means we'll draft a D Lineman either first or second. Malik McDowell or a Taco Charlton maybe.

Maybe. You have to question his judgement though.

I will say this. Last week Mixon reached a settlement with the victim. During that the 2 met privately without the lawyers to talk about it. The victim is satisfied his apology was sincere and says she felt they both could have reacted differently.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/oklahoma-joe-mixon-reaches-settlement-with-woman-punched-2014-amelia-molitor-sooners-draft-042117

I guess I question the motivation behind the timing of this.

The Packers are a pass first team and by design. They aren't going to take a RB in the first round, regardless of who is on the board.

He's going to come off the board to the Bengals in the 2nd round.

I could see the Jags taking him with their second rounder if they miss out on Fournette.

Some draft boards have us going after Mixon. And the first thing a lot of them talk about is how the Chiefs took a "chance" on Tyreek Hill and Marcus Peters.

Fair enough....but I do not want the Chiefs to be THE franchise that everyone associates with troubled players who have talent. That is primarily why Mixon is being mentioned with the Chiefs. It's more about that then just ability...even though he has that.

Also...if you continue to take risks on players with questionable character...sooner or later one is going to come back and bite you in the ass.

Finally, there is already a team whose history is well documented as taking troubled athletes and rejects because they love emanating a thug persona. They are called the Oakland Raiders.

Archived