Chiefs 1st Round Draft Pick Prediction 2017

It wouldn't hurt to get a NT, but yeah an Elephant rusher is a guy that moves around a lot depending on the circumstance and will sometimes be an inside rusher and/or hand in the dirt guy.

The difference between leo and elephants is defensive alignment, elephant rushers are usually bigger and leo's are basically strictly edge rushers either standing or hand in ground. Elephants sometimes are used to interior rushing.

The Chiefs got away from that because Tamba is worn down and they don't have another guy that can do it, but I'd bwt Sutton would givw up his right buttcheek to have another.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wouldn't hurt to get a NT, but yeah an Elephant rusher is a guy that moves around a lot depending on the circumstance and will sometimes be an inside rusher and/or hand in the dirt guy.

The difference between leo and elephants is defensive alignment, elephant rushers are usually bigger and leo's are basically strictly edge rushers either standing or hand in ground. Elephants sometimes are used to interior rushing.

The Chiefs got away from that because Tamba is worn down and they don't have another guy that can do it, but I'd bwt Sutton would givw up his right buttcheek to have another.

trade up for that LB from bama? If he drops to the 20's?

There was a guy on am810 today that said that he didn't think the Chiefs would draft a QB in round #1, he thought the Chiefs would go with either a CB or ILB and that the pick would come from either the Washington Huskies or the Florida Gators and yes he did mention the name Kevin King because he can play both CB and S. ;)

CBSSportsline.com now has CB Kevin King ranked at #22, so chances are he will be taken by the Raiders or Seahawks.

I saw a mock draft today that had the Chiefs taking QB Davis Webb in the 1st round.

If Watson and Lynch are both out of reach in the first, it would be surprising for the Chiefs to go after a second tier QB at #27.  Once the top four are gone, they might just wait for day two and take a Peterman type.  The team has a lot of trading power in this draft with all their choices. 

I saw a mock draft today that had the Chiefs taking QB Davis Webb in the 1st round.

apparently there are NFL talking heads who rate Webb higher than Kizer

If KC stays at 27 they will not get Watson or Mahommes but could snag Kizer

I would be ecstatic if Cook was still available at #27

apparently there are NFL talking heads who rate Webb higher than Kizer

If KC stays at 27 they will not get Watson or Mahommes but could snag Kizer

I would be ecstatic if Cook was still available at #27

Maybe in the 2nd with cook. Fumbles and arrest records... not a good combo. Too many rbs in this draft that can play.

It sounds more and more likely that Trubisky, Watson and Mahomes will all be gone by the time the Chiefs pick at #27. Could be like the 2011 draft when 4 QBs went in the top 12 and teams reached for guys like Jake Locker and Christian Ponder..Of course the Chiefs could do what they normally do....take a flyer on a QB in a later round. My prediction is they will end up with the same results as the past too.

Go with BPA and let the chips fly where they may....

When all is said and done the Chiefs need a new DJ. They almost had all the pieces but when Derrick went down the D started to fall apart. He is the defensive equivalent of what's his name? Oh yeah, Jamal Charles.  We have to have someone that can step in and be exceptional not just good. DJ is the man until he can't or won't go anymore. He is a true soldier. We have got to find another one in the near future.

I haven't kept track, but think there's about 35 guys that have been predicted to be gone before the Chiefs #27 pick according to the board experts.  I used to be pretty good at math, but can't get this to add up.

because it is that new math they are using in all the schools now, that is why it makes no sense to us :lol:

I am leaning towards Mahomes coming off the board at 13 to Arizona.

This will def be Palmers last year and Mahomes has the playing style that Arians demands.

I'm going to predict that the Chiefs choose Davis Webb. Good size, a leader and hard worker. After that they will stack some choices up and move up for an ILB.

I am leaning towards Mahomes coming off the board at 13 to Arizona.

This will def be Palmers last year and Mahomes has the playing style that Arians demands.

I'm going to predict that the Chiefs choose Davis Webb. Good size, a leader and hard worker. After that they will stack some choices up and move up for an ILB.

Arians is rumored to like kizer. That's gotta be a smokescreen.

Archived