Mahomes senses heightened interest from Texans' O'Brien | NFL.com

"I feel like a lot of coaches like me, but especially coach O'Brien. I think my personality and how real I am, those are things beyond what I can do on the field that he likes," Mahomes said. "It seemed like the way I was answering questions, I think he knew that I knew what was going on. You can tell when coaches have a confidence in you."

Jon Gruden is conductor of the Nathan Peterman hype train | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Gruden mentioned the Kansas City Chiefs and New Orleans Saints — who pick 27th and 32nd, respectively — as two franchises and offensive systems that could be a good fit for Peterman.

Chiefs have the 3rd best head coach, 8th best GM | Arrowhead Pride

A couple of rankings came out recently that showed how strong the Chiefs staff and front office is. CBS Sports ranked all the head coaches in the league and put Reid third behind Mike McCarthy (second) and Bill Belichick (first). On the GM side, Belichick was once again tops but Dorsey came in eighth.

NFL Draft Preview: OU's Joe Mixon looking for a place to fit | Fort Worth Star-Telegram

On the flip side: The Kansas City Chiefs took Tyreek Hill, a running back/kick returner, in the fifth round of last year’s draft after Hill pleaded guilty to felony domestic violence and battery by strangulation of his pregnant girlfriend in August 2015. As a rookie, Hill scored 12 touchdowns for the Chiefs (three rushing TDs, six receiving touchdowns, three touchdowns on special teams) and helped the team win the AFC West Division title.

Brandt sees a significant difference in the two situations.

“Tyreek Hill’s incident was not on tape and this guy’s was,” Brandt said of Mixon. “It never goes away when it’s on tape.”

NFL Draft 2017: The one first-round mistake your team cannot make | Sporting News

27. Kansas City Chiefs: Draft a quarterback. There are several mock drafts that have the Chiefs taking a QB in the first round. That likely won’t and shouldn't happen. First, it’s just not something the Chiefs do. They've selected just three quarterbacks in the first round, the last time in 1983 (Todd Blackledge seventh overall). Plus, Alex Smith, 32, got to his second Pro Bowl last year and the focus in the first round has to be on finding him another weapon.

Colts GM Chris Ballard clarifies 'best player available' stance | 247 Sports

"I take Dee Ford as an example. We had Tamba Hali and Justin Houston who were humming, but we saw a player that we liked in Kansas City that could rush the passer, and that's who we ended up choosing."

Who will be first QB picked in 2017 NFL Draft? | khou.com

If Watson is behind Trubisky in this race, it might not be by much. As the hero of Clemson's College Football Playoff championship run, Watson has a collegiate resume that can't be topped. He then bolstered his case at the NFL scouting combine with a workout that Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid called "unbelievable." Still, Watson's discomfort with sitting in the pocket and his erratic ball placement are significant areas of concern.

Archived