Alex Smith?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. I think Alex Smith....

• is the best QB....evah!
    • is the Chief's Qb, so.....
    • is a decent QB
    • is a below average QB
    • is a total suck ass QB and we should sing Tim Tebow
    • he's no Ryan Russel or Jamarcus Leaf !!!!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Hands..good to see your still up and kickings.

Smith is decent yet  I think  on the verge of a big drop  into mediocre..KC needs to think of the future but not really convinced  the available lot has much to offer in the long term

He is OK. Maybe a smidge above average. I am hoping for someone better, but don't want to lose him until it happens.

I think there is a good chance he will get extended. Unless they get their guy in the draft and think one year is enough time to get ready.

He's not bad...he's just not great.  In this world we've been trained to believe that you cannot win without a great QB.  He might be slightly above average.  But he's getting older, and we've seen his ceiling.  I just don't believe he has the ceiling for a deep playoff run.  I'd personally like to hold off one year, draft a QB next year, and bring in a cheap vet to be the projected starter.  Alex just isn't worth the 21 mill he's slated to get next season, regardless of what you think about his ability. 

The Chiefs need to find a QB they can develop and hopefully will become elite.  In the meantime, Smith is good enough to get the Chiefs into the playoffs and maybe the big dance if everything falls into place.  He may also frustrate everyone by missing the wide open deep guy or checking down when the team needs the big play.  There may be no QB available in this year's draft worth trading up very far.  Even the best scouts and evaluators whiff over 50% of the time.  Smith gets this year and one more at most until his replacement is ready.

Been out of the loop even though some of us are friends (are we really "friends" tho?) on Facebook but the schedule release has me thinking so I popped on back in.

Thought a fun poll would loosen it up...

I thought the poll was lame, and then I saw who submitted it.

Is Flacco elite?

Alex Smith is an above average quarterback. Not elite...and not horrible. I say this based on the fact he is like the third winningest QB in the NFL over the past 5 years.That has to account for something. His QB rating the past few years has been solid if not spectacular. He doesn't dazzle you with numbers but this isn't fantasy football. He wins games...period. Unfortunately, the post season is a different animal.

Opinions vary on him. Some NFL execs think he is not capable of taking a team to the Super Bowl and some do. So where does that leave you? Adding your opinion to one side of the ledger.

Alex Doesn't suck.. I don't know that he is the greatest of all time, but he doesn't suck. worst of all time, might of been the guy he replaced. so...

He is by far the best QB we have had since Trent. And that was mid way through the 2006 season. Throwing him on the scrap heap with no one to replace him with is lunacy.

I thought the poll was lame, and then I saw who submitted it.

Is Flacco elite?

Who gives a shit?This was not about him.

but since you went there like some other asshats who used to post in here......

He's won on your field in the Playoffs....punked that Chiefs defense....at HOME...Arrowhead...the worst place for an opposing QB to play....blah blah blah

25 of 34 for 265yds 2 TD and 0 INT with a rating of 115.4

It is interesting that we feel like we can argue over who has the better QB. Both teams have slightly above average QBs,  niehter of which has any bearing on whether the team does or doesn't make the Super Bowl. Averages over the last 4 years:

Smith: 3390 yards, 19 TDs, 7 INTs, 92.2 rating

Flacco: 3750 yards, 20 TDs, 15 INTs, 82.6 rating

I think we can clearly agree that Smith is significantly better from a numbers stand point, but we would both love to upgrade. That said, we would suck without these guys unless that is someone just as good brought in.

It is interesting that we feel like we can argue over who has the better QB. Both teams have slightly above average QBs,  niehter of which has any bearing on whether the team does or doesn't make the Super Bowl. Averages over the last 4 years:

Smith: 3390 yards, 19 TDs, 7 INTs, 92.2 rating

Flacco: 3750 yards, 20 TDs, 15 INTs, 82.6 rating

I think we can clearly agree that Smith is significantly better from a numbers stand point, but we would both love to upgrade. That said, we would suck without these guys unless that is someone just as good brought in.

I didn't start a comparison, for the record.

I posted this to ask Chief fans what they thought about THEIR Qb, not mine.

But I did respond because I felt it important to point out that Joe has done it.

Alex has not. Joe can again. Alex, who knows.

Stats don't tell the numbers anyway. Its not an apples to apples comparison.

But I did respond because I felt it important to point out that Joe has done it.

I just do it to mess with you!  I find it amusing!

Whatever. You knew where the conversation would go.

I am glad you love him and don't want to upgrade. I on the other hand want to upgrade. Enjoy your 8-8 season.

Flacco had a great two month run while riding on the back of one of greatest defenses of all time. Then he cashed in and went back to average. It us what it is. I am not knocking your team, but to claim Flacco or Smith are any more than slightly above average journeymen is simply homer talk. It not true.

I am glad you love him and don't want to upgrade. I on the other hand want to upgrade. Enjoy your 8-8 season.

Flacco had a great two month run while riding on the back of one of greatest defenses of all time. Then he cashed in and went back to average. It us what it is. I am not knocking your team, but to claim Flacco or Smith are any more than slightly above average journeymen is simply homer talk. It not true.

Word

Archived