Alex Smith?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. I think Alex Smith....

• is the best QB....evah!
    • is the Chief's Qb, so.....
    • is a decent QB
    • is a below average QB
    • is a total suck ass QB and we should sing Tim Tebow
    • he's no Ryan Russel or Jamarcus Leaf !!!!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flacco wasn't afraid to throw deep, something Smith lacks balls in. Not to say he doesn't have the arm, but more to say he doesn't have the confidence.

We have a speedster in Tyreek Hill who can run right by the secondary of defenses. This man needs to be thrown the ball to regularly and if Smith doesn't establish a connection to Hill like he has with Kelce, then the Chiefs need to find someone who can

Silly Ravens fan. It'll never happen with Joe Flacco getting paid 14 percent of the Ravens' salary cap and the murderer in retirement.

Silly whatever fan- http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/quarterback/

Nothing in Positional Spending indicates a trend or a correlation between QB pay and Super Bowl wins-

2 of top 10 teams in QB spending vs the Cap have a SB (Bal and NYG 2x)

ZERO of the bottom 10 teams in QB spending vs the Cap have a Super Bowl

The middle of the pack sees the most Sb wins but most of those QB's are in the November of their careers

Flacco had a great two month run while riding on the back of one of greatest defenses of all time.

I know you to be smarter than that- remember those awesome defenses from Miami, Cincinnati and Atlanta in 2012?

Neither do I but they were ranked ahead of the Ravens (AVG PTS scored against is the only defensive stat to measure IMO) who were 12th.

That defense gave up 22 pts/game in the playoffs.

So stop with the "Riding on the back of a great defense" bullschtick...

11 TDs and Zero INTs tells more of the story. Doies he need to step it up? Absolutely. I expect him to this year.

I agree with you that you should expect more- Smith isn't it.....mediocre at best.

I know you to be smarter than that- remember those awesome defenses from Miami, Cincinnati and Atlanta in 2012?

Neither do I but they were ranked ahead of the Ravens (AVG PTS scored against is the only defensive stat to measure IMO) who were 12th.

That defense gave up 22 pts/game in the playoffs.

So stop with the "Riding on the back of a great defense" bullschtick...

11 TDs and Zero INTs tells more of the story. Doies he need to step it up? Absolutely. I expect him to this year.

I agree with you that you should expect more- Smith isn't it.....mediocre at best.

He was hot during the playoffs that year. Sucks over all though. You no that. Stop playin.

Silly whatever fan- http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/quarterback/

Nothing in Positional Spending indicates a trend or a correlation between QB pay and Super Bowl wins-

2 of top 10 teams in QB spending vs the Cap have a SB (Bal and NYG 2x)

ZERO of the bottom 10 teams in QB spending vs the Cap have a Super Bowl

The middle of the pack sees the most Sb wins but most of those QB's are in the November of their careers

What were the teams spending when they won? Joe Flacco's Super Bowl was won on his inexpensive rookie contract. That's what happened in many cases in more recent years.

What were the teams spending when they won? Joe Flacco's Super Bowl was won on his inexpensive rookie contract. That's what happened in many cases in more recent years.

Is that why the Chiefs went with a young guy who they think has the talent to win ?

Isn't that his point?

Yes but you pointed out the fallacy of his illogical man love for Alex Smith.

Just be prepared for the 2 page tirade to come about how Alex Smith is a hall of famer, we just are too stupid to notice, complete with charts.

Yes but you pointed out the fallacy of his illogical man love for Alex Smith.

Just be prepared for the 2 page tirade to come about how Alex Smith is a hall of famer, we just are too stupid to notice, complete with charts.

He's moved on from me. He has me on ignore for sure. It sucks to be wrong and now the end is close.

He's moved on from me. He has me on ignore for sure. It sucks to be wrong and now the end is close.

It's not enough for him to replace Smith. He has to be much better than Smith, lead the Chiefs to a much better record, and do it before he comes due for his extension. Tall order.

No, it isn't. For starters, Smith didn't cost as much in draft capital.

Couldn't imagine why.

"Why does a 21 year old with a ceiling to the moon have a different value than a nearly 30 year old, that SF basically drop kicked when it said "Fragile" that had the ceiling of just okay???"

Archived