Alex Smith?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. I think Alex Smith....

• is the best QB....evah!
    • is the Chief's Qb, so.....
    • is a decent QB
    • is a below average QB
    • is a total suck ass QB and we should sing Tim Tebow
    • he's no Ryan Russel or Jamarcus Leaf !!!!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not enough for him to replace Smith. He has to be much better than Smith, lead the Chiefs to a much better record, and do it before he comes due for his extension. Tall order.

He has at least 5 years, and he does not have to be better right away but he will be different

It's interesting to see some Chiefs fans today arrogantly following the same pattern set by the Colin Kaepernick fans of 2012. They were so sure they were right. Following their failure to get a Super Bowl win and then three consecutive non-winning seasons, some learned their lesson.

Why do so many fans have to learn the hard way that fundamental football is better than what they would term, "exciting"? You're going to get exactly what you asked for.

if Alex does equal to or better than he did last year and agrees to restructure to save the team a $17 mil hit then i am content to let Mahomme's learn for a longer stretch, it will be

interesting to see how Reid, Dorsey and Hunt respond to any pressure to get the kid on the field as early as they can...will they keep their word and be patient???

Do you buy a new car and say I am not going to drive it until I take drivers lessons, learn how to change the oil and how to change a tire if you have a flat tire, even if you know the car will save you money and be safer to drive, the answer is NO.

Play or start? Big difference.

Based on merit, injury, garbage time?

Saying he'll play isn't really going out on a limb.

I don't think he starts a single game. He would have to work out every day for the next 4 months to fix footwork and take snaps and he'll still be inactive.

It's interesting to see some Chiefs fans today arrogantly following the same pattern set by the Colin Kaepernick fans of 2012. They were so sure they were right. Following their failure to get a Super Bowl win and then three consecutive non-winning seasons, some learned their lesson.

Why do so many fans have to learn the hard way that fundamental football is better than what they would term, "exciting"? You're going to get exactly what you asked for.

Yep we sure are!

Make sure to close the door on your way out when Alex is released in 10 months.

What were the teams spending when they won? Joe Flacco's Super Bowl was won on his inexpensive rookie contract. That's what happened in many cases in more recent years.

Actually the negotiation of an extension was not reached because of a $1million difference in yearly compensation.

Flacco gambled before the 2012 season and played it out. The Ravens cost themselves the money they paid later.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2013/03/07/joe-flacco-2012-negotiations-1-million-apart/1970287/

Actually the negotiation of an extension was not reached because of a $1million difference in yearly compensation.

Flacco gambled before the 2012 season and played it out. The Ravens cost themselves the money they paid later.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2013/03/07/joe-flacco-2012-negotiations-1-million-apart/1970287/

This is not a matter of merely $1 million. The point is that the Ravens will not win a Super Bowl paying a quarterback like Flacco the money he is getting. It's not that Flacco is a bad quarterback. It's just that Flacco is merely a good quarterback being paid like an elite quarterback... like so many quarterbacks in the NFL who enjoyed playing for a legitimate team for the duration of their career, get their "market-rate extension", and then have to deal with the consequences of playing with a depleted roster.

omahacolt, on 28 Apr 2017 - 3:04 PM, said:

i think i speak for everyone when i say

handswarmer was missed around here

Feel the love....your boy Luck is getting killed .....injuries add up...need an OLINE

I think it is so sexy when two chicks flirt with each other. Guess I am just old fashioned.

This is not a matter of merely $1 million. The point is that the Ravens will not win a Super Bowl paying a quarterback like Flacco the money he is getting. It's not that Flacco is a bad quarterback. It's just that Flacco is merely a good quarterback being paid like an elite quarterback... like so many quarterbacks in the NFL who enjoyed playing for a legitimate team for the duration of their career, get their "market-rate extension", and then have to deal with the consequences of playing with a depleted roster.

What is an elite QB? and who cares?

The fallacy of the cliche`s you throw around is mounting evidence that you really know nothing except a bunch of data driven crap that doesn't take into account the human factor and intangibles.

In the Top 10 list of QB Cap hits, there are 2 Super Bowl winning QB's listed.

In the Top 20 list of QB Cap hits, there are 6 Super Bowl winning QB's listed.

Using your logic. that means there are 14 overpaid QB's whose Teams WILL NEVER WIN A SB....blah blah blah....

You really should get out more.....

I will give you this. Flacco is an asset in landing really good draft picks. Only 1 winning season in the last 4 years.

Dumb statement:

Chiefs avg Draft Position in last 8 years= 17

Ravens avg Draft Position in last 8 years= 28

7 years previous to Joe, the Ravens drafted at an avg of Position 19

Later picks in the 1st round suggest playoff runs... logic fail.

omahacolt, on 28 Apr 2017 - 3:04 PM, said:

i think i speak for everyone when i say

handswarmer was missed around here

I think it is so sexy when two chicks flirt with each other. Guess I am just old fashioned.

Good thing to know the old gay jokes are so popular with the Fly Over Culture Crowd.....

Grading a draft before 2 years has gone by is foolish.

I'll take him over 30 other GM's in the league- Pittsburgh does well with their picks too...

The funny thing is I don't think any team really did particularly bad in this draft...well, outside of the Bears.

Who knew being in Philly would of made teams mostly sane.

Archived