Festivus 2017

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• 4 weeks later...

Made to Grill is a packing house in Hanover, Kansas.   They make the worlds best brats.   I order them special from time to time.   Anyway,  last Christmas I got an order of brats and included in it was a sample package of a new product:  JOHN RIGGINS sausage.   Man oh man.   How did he find me again?

Made to Grill is a packing house in Hanover, Kansas.   They make the worlds best brats.   I order them special from time to time.   Anyway,  last Christmas I got an order of brats and included in it was a sample package of a new product:  JOHN RIGGINS sausage.   Man oh man.   How did he find me again?

World's best? Have you been to Milwaukee? :P

May I recommend an order from Usinger's?

Well the best brats in Kansas anyway.  Pretty close to the worlds best.

Yes,  Jet,  Bil, Pop and I are probably the oldest long suffering fans of the Kansas City Chiefs.  I was a fan since they were brought to KC in 1963.   But I became a diehard fan in 1968 when I got to assist Chiefs radio play by play at KCMO radio.  Got to know some of the players.  The next year,  1969 season they won their one and only superbowl.   Been hooked ever since,  even when I think we are doomed to be the pre 2016 Chicago cubs fans of professional football.

• 3 months later...

Pinned this. Maybe some of the newbies are interested in Festivus.

Maybe you could give them a little more detail.  Most probably don't know what a Coalition Festivus is.  Actually, most of us who have been here since the beginning don't know what a festivus is.  We just show up and act stupid as much as I can remember.

'eyyyy fellas!  I wondered if anyone would remember me or not...I'm good - in fact, real good.  I lose track of things from time to time, year to year though; more of a lurker anymore.  Came trolling back here and got to thinking about festivus pasts...I have 2 boys now who are dying to get to a game - my older son (13) has been to a few but my youngest (8) is just now getting on to the glory of football and watching games with me.  I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not, but they seem to be shaping up as future long-suffering Chiefs fans as well.  Been keeping my eyes peeled for tix and will continue to do so, see if we can't get to the Raiders game - I think if they got to witness raiders v chiefs at Arrowhead it would complete their journey to the red side of the force - they don't fully appreciate the level of passionate disdain that exists for the black n silver yet.  Probably cannot fund the bbq run along w the other expenses (plus my wife & daughter could give a s**t less about going, so she's not ecstatic about the money end) but it would be really cool to see some of this crew prior to game time!  Of course, I see Maui is not gonna make it - understandably - but glad we had the chance to meet at the earlier one.  anyway, hope you guys are well; I noticed that Xen is still celebrating Tool's work (still my favorite ever).

• 4 weeks later...

Archived