Dorsey Says No QB's in this draft are worthy of starting right away

Winston is on the cusp of being great and I don't know how you can see Matt Ryan's last season and not consider him great.

Dalton was never considered to be anything more than what he has been.

Did anyone here see "Matt Ryan's last season," or are they going off the stat line just like the Associated Press?

I'm still waiting for the explanation of how 2016 Matt Ryan was different from 2015 Matt Ryan, just like how 2015 Cam Newton was different from 2014 Cam Newton or 2016 Cam Newton.

Matt Ryan is somewhere between very good and great-ish, but he's not "great".

Don't be idiotic

Isn't it amazing what happened to Andy Dalton and Matt Ryan when Mohamed Sanu defected from Cincinnati to Atlanta?

I'm sure you think it was nothing.

A decent WR2 can make a big difference for a quarterback. Meanwhile people here were singing the praises of Albert "Original Round Tender" Wilson.

Lmao you don't have a clue

I left out Alex Mack. And probably a few other players that were brought in to make Matt Ryan's life easier. There were others that left Cincinnati, and Andy Dalton didn't have the critical mass he needed to be an effective quarterback.

You can quit while you're behind.

I'll tell you why you don't have a clue.

The fact that you think Sanu leaving the Bengals was a difference maker is downright hilarious and shows how little you actually know. He was the 4th option, at best, after AJ Green, Marvin Jones and Tyler Eiffert.

Sanu was a disappointment. The fact that the Falcons gave him 7m a year on avg is hilarious.

The combination of Eiffert being hurt most of the season, losing Marvin Jones (a huge mistake by the Bengals), a major step back on Offensive Line play* and the lack of a stout rushing attack sunk the Bengals and Dalton. They lost Bernard early and it was a crushing blow.

That's without mentioning they lost their Offensive Coordinator. Again.

*They had to play 2 young tackles and they both sucked and so does their Center Bodine.

The Falcons had an uptick because they added a top 5 Center in Mack, a young blindside protector that's coming into form and they stopped being conservative on Offense. Matt Ryan had career highs and nearly every single passing category in 2016 and looked a lot more confident and sure of himself in the 2nd year of being in Shanahans offense. Having a young RB breaking out sure helped too.

I'd say you should know all this but your head is permanently glued in your ass.

I'll tell you why you don't have a clue.

The fact that you think Sanu leaving the Bengals was a difference maker is downright hilarious and shows how little you actually know. He was the 4th option, at best, after AJ Green, Marvin Jones and Tyler Eiffert.

Sanu was a disappointment. The fact that the Falcons gave him 7m a year on avg is hilarious.

The combination of Eiffert being hurt most of the season, losing Marvin Jones (a huge mistake by the Bengals), a major step back on Offensive Line play* and the lack of a stout rushing attack sunk the Bengals and Dalton. They lost Bernard early and it was a crushing blow.

That's without mentioning they lost their Offensive Coordinator. Again.

*They had to play 2 young tackles and they both sucked and so does their Center Bodine.

The Falcons had an uptick because they added a top 5 Center in Mack, a young blindside protector that's coming into form and they stopped being conservative on Offense. Matt Ryan had career highs and nearly every single passing category in 2016 and looked a lot more confident and sure of himself in the 2nd year of being in Shanahans offense. Having a young RB breaking out sure helped too.

I'd say you should know all this but your head is permanently glued in your ass.

It's funny how you say all of this, and yet Sanu was in fact the second-leading receiver on the Falcons, and he generally ranked pretty well within the Bengals' offense. And I had already mentioned Mack and the Bengals' departures.

Isn't it amazing what happened to Andy Dalton and Matt Ryan when Mohamed Sanu defected from Cincinnati to Atlanta?

I'm sure you think it was nothing.

A decent WR2 can make a big difference for a quarterback. Meanwhile people here were singing the praises of Albert "Original Round Tender" Wilson.

The only people here that thought Wilson could be a WR2 was Mugsy.

It's funny how you say all of this, and yet Sanu was in fact the second-leading receiver on the Falcons, and he generally ranked pretty well within the Bengals' offense. And I had already mentioned Mack and the Bengals' departures.

Not when I started writing that and you're still wrong there buddy.

Ryan was pretty good before Sanu, Mack, et al got there....having Julio, Roddy and TG for a little while helped

Dalton has never been that good- I get to watch him 2x a year. He's like the recreational golfer who hits a dead straight drive 280 yards and then hits a Wedge off the top of his club 90 degrees to his right...

Just no consistency....

Archived