Mock Draft Crazy Talk

There are a few things that blow my mind with these mocks. Maybe you see the same thing.

1. TJ Watt in the first round. Really? One year of production and surgeries on both knees. I don't care if your brother is Paul Bunyan. I am not rolling the dice on you in the first.

2. QBs, according to what mock you look at Watson is top 5 or sitting there at 27.

3. 49ers, how in the bloody hell can they pass on top pick of QBs. Not that the QBs are worth it, but damn. You got nothing at the most important spot on the roster. How do you pass on that. Bears, that goes for you too.

4. The all over the board drafts in general. I love it. Nobody knows (except us, of course) who is Tarzan and who is Jane. The hit rate on mocks (even in round 1) is ridiculously low. Dare I say even in the top 10 of round 1. Even for guys who do nothing but scouting for a living. This year is especially turbulent because of the QBs. I love it because our team is VERY good at making the most if their first pick.

Mike Mayock said this is the murkiest draft he has ever been a part of.

One expert thinks the top 3 QBs will go in the first 15 picks...another thinks none of them are 1st round value but teams will reach out of desperation. Peppers is a top 15 prospect according to 1 NFL exec. Another says he wouldn't take him until round 2. Miles Garrett is almost a certainty as the #1 overall pick...but SEC followers know that against big time competition like Alabama and Florida, Derek Barnett was more dominant and impressive than Garrett was. Even the top 3 running backs are being debated.

I am anxious to see it unfold tomorrow night.

Archived