2017 NFL draft thread

2 1sts and our 3rd

So that is basically trading next year's 24th-32nd pick for this year's 27th and a third? Cool - now we get Andy Reid coaching, Smith mentoring (only is a problem if Mahomes were risk averse or weak armed; if not, Mahomes can learn some), defense, growing oline, good drafting GM, and weapons.

Dorsey is the man, i look at what Chicago gave up to move up ONE spot and we move up 17 spots for 3 picks (actually 2)

I am happy

So why did the Bears do it?  SFO was going to take the same person whether second or third.  Maybe Chicago thought some other team was trying to move ahead.

I'm an Alex guy..think he can get it done..

However it's time..and this coupdate be a great move for the future..no rush to play and learning behind some of the best..plus it means smith gets possibly 2 yes to get this team to the big game..

Now we need a Runhinged back and an inside lber...go Chiefs!!

Alex will likely be gone after this year. Cap relief for KC to use elsewhere.

Derek Carr played from day one, so trade Alex Smith to the Jets and let Patrick Mahomes play, do you really want Alex Smith training Patrick Mahomes on how to be a good game manager. :wacko:

Mahomes has potential, but he's not close to being an NFL pocket passer yet.  Smith is the best option this year and I dread the day the Chiefs lose and the impatient fans start a QB controversy.

Big Risk Big Reward pick. If you haven't seen him do Gruden's camp thing...go watch it. I think the kid is a nice mix of swagger and talent. He thinks he can win with every throw but doesn't come off as too cocky. You cannot teach that kind of confidence. Will Reid and Smith have to reign him in and show him some things. Of course.

Gruden said Mahomes had "special talent". It just needs to be harnessed the right way. 

Mahomes has potential, but he's not close to being an NFL pocket passer yet.  Smith is the best option this year and I dread the day the Chiefs lose and the impatient fans start a QB controversy.

People need to exercise patience. Day 1? No. I don't think he needs to sit for years though.

2017 is Alexs final year.

Big Risk Big Reward pick. If you haven't seen him do Gruden's camp thing...go watch it. I think the kid is a nice mix of swagger and talent. He thinks he can win with every throw but doesn't come off as too cocky. You cannot teach that kind of confidence. Will Reid and Smith have to reign him in and show him some things. Of course.

Gruden said Mahomes had "special talent". It just needs to be harnessed the right way.

He said he was responsible for the 20 best throws of the year ! Hahaha