2017 NFL draft thread

I hope you guys all are right.  

This guy is all arm and potential.  The chances of a guy like that being an upgrade over Alex long-term is about 1 in 3.   I have to trust Reid and Dorsey.  But I am withholding my ecstasy for now.  This is as much about cap room in 2018 as anything else.  We'd better have a top RB by the time he starts, in order to keep him out of third and long situations.

Hope I am not rainin' on everyone's parade. We DID have to try.  So it was bold.

This guy is all arm and potential. The chances of a guy like that being an upgrade over Alex long-term is about 1 in 3. I have to trust Reid and Dorsey. But I am withholding my ecstasy for now. This is as much about cap room in 2018 as anything else. We'd better have a top RB by the time he starts, in order to keep him out of third and long situations.

Hope I am not rainin' on everyone's parade. We DID have to try. So it was bold.

He's so much more than that.

This guy is all arm and potential. The chances of a guy like that being an upgrade over Alex long-term is about 1 in 3. I have to trust Reid and Dorsey. But I am withholding my ecstasy for now. This is as much about cap room in 2018 as anything else. We'd better have a top RB by the time he starts, in order to keep him out of third and long situations.

Hope I am not rainin' on everyone's parade. We DID have to try. So it was bold.

You are not raining on any parades. We all know that he is a boom or bust guy, but most QBs are. I am just glad they finally rolled the dice.

You are not raining on any parades. We all know that he is a boom or bust guy, but most QBs are. I am just glad they finally rolled the dice.

Me, too.  A boom would put the Chiefs in the drivers' seat for a long, long time.  It is past time that we tried. But the bust would be very sad for a lot of fans.

Me, too.  A boom would put the Chiefs in the drivers' seat for a long, long time.  It is past time that we tried. But the bust would be very sad for a lot of fans.

Yes but it is not as hard to recover in today's NFL compared to the old days when we drafted Blackledge. The way free agency has developed, rookie salary caps, etc..The NFL is all about parody as much as anything.The Chiefs needed to take their shot at some point. Continuing to pick QBs in the 5th-6th round just to cut them 2 years later (or less) seems crazy. 

Yes but it is not as hard to recover in today's NFL compared to the old days when we drafted Blackledge. The way free agency has developed, rookie salary caps, etc..The NFL is all about parody as much as anything.The Chiefs needed to take their shot at some point. Continuing to pick QBs in the 5th-6th round just to cut them 2 years later (or less) seems crazy. 

I hope you meant "parity"   :lol:

I gotta go to bed. No sleep for the past 40 hrs and I am starting to mix up posts. Plus I see a giant pink bunny. G'nite.