General consensus on the 1st rd Pick?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found out myself and re read the Draft day thread.. seems like its a dream come true as far as the effort to draft a real QB goes..now I guess we'll see.  I dont know anything about the kid so I'm not overly excited ..yet

Right now I would say he is worth the trade up.  He has more upside than any other QB in this draft, and maybe last year's draft.  In 3 years, who knows?

Dorsey stayed true to his philosophy of drafting players to to replace expiring contracts.  AS has two years left (probably one). 

I like it. Very agressive. It sucks that Foster was sitting there at 27. Damn. But according to some a Super Bowl victory is automatic when you draft a QB in the top ten. So there is that.

Seriously, love that they went after the guy they wanted.

I like it. Very agressive. It sucks that Foster was sitting there at 27. Damn. But according to some a Super Bowl victory is automatic when you draft a QB in the top ten. So there is that.

Seriously, love that they went after the guy they wanted.

we could have traded back into the first to get foster also but it did not happen..guess they have other plans

just watched the the Press conferences with  Dorsey & Reid. It seemed that they were legitimately impressed with this Kid's skill set.. They  have seen and been around the best so they should know a stud when they see one..it would be nice for KC to have a drafted stud QB for the next few years

we could have traded back into the first to get foster also but it did not happen..guess they have other plans

It would have cost our 2nd this year and next year, maybe more, to move up that far.  For a guy who has a lot of questions around him.

Also I don't think they value MLB that high

I think that if McMillan or Cunningham are there at 59, they might bite.  Or, take Beckwith or Walker in the 3rd. 

I have McMillan mocked, but would like a pass rusher more.  There are still some good ones out there.  Bowser, Willis, Williams and Rivers. 

I love the pick. He's the only qb I've really liked in the last few drafts. That said, he needs a lot of work. Hopefully the fans are patient. I doubt it, but hopefully...

Having a qbotf, I think people will be patient. Understanding that he has farve potential that needs to be groomed.

Another year of Alex isn't a bad thing.

I love the pick. He's the only qb I've really liked in the last few drafts. That said, he needs a lot of work. Hopefully the fans are patient. I doubt it, but hopefully...

Best arm potential since Stafford. And way more mobile.

Having a qbotf, I think people will be patient. Understanding that he has farve potential that needs to be groomed.

Another year of Alex isn't a bad thing.

Yeah but if andy decides he needs another year and they restructure Alex, those same fans will turn quickly.

We as the fanbase will have to learn to be patient...this is a process for us and Mahomme's, Dorsey & Reid

Like OT, I went in and listened to Andy's Presser and Dorsey's Presser.....

They are in love with this kid.  The Chiefs apparently brought in the 6 QB's they were considering for 6 (SIX) hours each and this kid was the unanimous choice by the coaches and personnel staff.  Dorsey is comparing him (while cautioning us that he is not comparing him...) to Brett Favre,

That said, they both say he has much to learn about the system and being a better pocket passer. 

They also said he is very intelligent and very competitive as well as the obvious take that he is a gunslinger.  He could very well be the next great QB for a franchise that has really only had 3-4 "Pretty Good" QB's.

Do I like the pick, not sure as we will not know for 2-3 years.  But I do not think that they "paid a high price" to move up.  I thought Dorsey did well in value while preserving this years picks.  I give the "Move Up" an A+.

But I do like the aggressiveness of the organization. I like Andy Reid developing him and I like the fact he is going to have to really compete to get a whiff of playing time.  Reid does not like turnovers and plays games very close to the vest....

As fan as fan's being patient?  You guys are full of shit.

If Smith throws a pick in the first series of the first preseason games 2-3 three guys here will go spastic. :D

w

They are in love with this kid. The Chiefs apparently brought in the 6 QB's they were considering for 6 (SIX) hours each and this kid was the unanimous choice by the coaches and personnel staff. Dorsey is comparing him (while cautioning us that he is not comparing him...) to Brett Favre

I wouldn't be surprised if Alex himself evaluated him well over the others. He has been professional his whole career, going and scouting, teaching, mentoring... There are some things you don't want Mahomes to go the extreme on, but the skill is there so learning a bit from Smith could help. Smith won't neuter him, he'll help coach him up. With Mahomes' ability and confidence, I wouldn't mind Smith as an OC one day with the system he knows. Again, he won't neuter the QBs.

I was out and about last night and people around me noticed I had some chiefs stuff on.  They told me they just got word chiefs traded up and are on the clock.  First name that came to mind was Mahomes.  Sure enough..  

I am glad they have finally decided to nut up and get after the most important part of an NFL team.  3 other teams were apparently in line to get him before us and it didn't seem like the chiefs gave a ton for the move considering.   

But as always it is a freakin crapshoot getting a QBOTF.

good situation for mahomes though, time to sit back and learn.

Lots of indications that Dorsey/Reid had committed to drafting Mahomes no matter the cost.  It would be interesting to know how they plotted the draft that caused them to move up 17 spots.  Did they feel that Houston was going to move up to 12 and take him?  Did the Bears going crazy to get Trubisky trigger a little panic?  Fun gamesmanship, but Dorsey got his man and we're all happy until the Chiefs don't draft in the first next year or Mahomes pulls a Blackledge.  I'll go along with support for the move for now.

Lots of indications that Dorsey/Reid had committed to drafting Mahomes no matter the cost.  It would be interesting to know how they plotted the draft that caused them to move up 17 spots.  Did they feel that Houston was going to move up to 12 and take him?  Did the Bears going crazy to get Trubisky trigger a little panic?  Fun gamesmanship, but Dorsey got his man and we're all happy until the Chiefs don't draft in the first next year or Mahomes pulls a Blackledge.  I'll go along with support for the move for now.

according to Dorsey he had been working with the Bills for 5 days before the draft and had made a "gentleman's agreement". As had been mentioned on the radio  about the reaction in the Chiefs War Room was very animated with High 5's etc  after the Mahomes pick compared to the Texan's..indicating the Texans had wanted the Mahomes but settled for Watson. Dorsey said he new there were other teams wanting Mahomes and felt they needed to be in the top 10. I have my doubts that  they wanted Mahomes regardless of cost and I dont think the Bears had much to do with anything... I dont want to even consider  Mahomes being another Blackledge

Archived