General consensus on the 1st rd Pick?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're not the only one. If you're not a member of the I Hate Smith club, you're evidently not a real Chiefs fan. That's what I've learned today.

"Winning Super Bowls" is all that matters. That is, unless the quarterback hasn't started a game yet. Then all that matters is that the Chiefs have a quarterback they drafted. That's what the Rams celebrated in 2016, what the Buccaneers celebrated in 2015, what the Jaguars celebrated in 2014, the Bills in 2013, Colts in 2012, Panthers in 2011, the Rams in 2010, etc.

It's nice to know that the Chiefs have achieved being like a bunch of teams that haven't won a Super Bowl with "their quarterback".

lol the best part about this pick is you will leave chiefs kingdom to go be a fair weather fan of whatever team we trade him to.

You're not the only one. If you're not a member of the I Hate Smith club, you're evidently not a real Chiefs fan. That's what I've learned today.

"Winning Super Bowls" is all that matters. That is, unless the quarterback hasn't started a game yet. Then all that matters is that the Chiefs have a quarterback they drafted. That's what the Rams celebrated in 2016, what the Buccaneers celebrated in 2015, what the Jaguars celebrated in 2014, the Bills in 2013, Colts in 2012, Panthers in 2011, the Rams in 2010, etc.

It's nice to know that the Chiefs have achieved being like a bunch of teams that haven't won a Super Bowl with "their quarterback".

Jeez, get over yourself ok...nobody here hates Smith, but unless he becomes ROBOQB he cannot play forever and the rest of us are KC Team Fans not just Alex Smith fans

but go ahead and have your pity party if it makes you feel better, or do you need some cheese to go with that whine

I like Alex Smith. IMO he is an above average quarterback but not in any way, shape or form...an elite quarterback. He has had 12 years to get his team to a Super Bowl and has not been able to do it. Not all of it is his fault...but he is what he is. He is limited. High floor - low ceiling.

As for Majomes? As is true with any draft pick...you don't know what you are going to get until you put them in a game and see. Derrick Johnson was called a bust the first couple of years he was here. The past few he is the heart and soul of the front 7...indispensable. I applaud the Chiefs organization for taking a chance to be more than what we have been. If you are happy with 10 win seasons and a quick exit from the playoffs...then by all means, lets let Alex play til he's 40. 

As for Smith mentoring Mahomes? Alex is a great guy but we just drafted the guy who is projected to unseat him as a starting QB in the NFL. Mahomes can learn from watching Smith. But I doubt Alex is going to take him under his wing and try to coach him up so he can be the starter and we can cut the cord. Who would do that?

I like Alex Smith. IMO he is an above average quarterback but not in any way, shape or form...an elite quarterback. He has had 12 years to get his team to a Super Bowl and has not been able to do it. Not all of it is his fault...but he is what he is. He is limited. High floor - low ceiling.

As for Majomes? As is true with any draft pick...you don't know what you are going to get until you put them in a game and see. Derrick Johnson was called a bust the first couple of years he was here. The past few he is the heart and soul of the front 7...indispensable. I applaud the Chiefs organization for taking a chance to be more than what we have been. If you are happy with 10 win seasons and a quick exit from the playoffs...then by all means, lets let Alex play til he's 40.

As for Smith mentoring Mahomes? Alex is a great guy but we just drafted the guy who is projected to unseat him as a starting QB in the NFL. Mahomes can learn from watching Smith. But I doubt Alex is going to take him under his wing and try to coach him up so he can be the starter and we can cut the cord. Who would do that?

I honestly think Alex will. He did it for buttface in San Fran and that guy is an ass.

Wow, I haven't been on this forum or followed the Chiefs for months, but had to come on here for this.  I can't lie, I never thought the Chiefs would do something like this, but secretly always wished they would. I know absolutely nothing about Mahomes, but I like the fact that they took a chance. I don't know how this is going to work out, but it is exciting and, I like the pick. 

One big difference.  The teams you mentioned were all losers the previous year.  The Chiefs are coming off a 12-4 season and should have another winning year under Smith.  Mahomes, if he pans out, is coming into a great opportunity.

Don't even necessarily "immediately need" an ILB with Ramik Wilson, DJ, and Mauga still on the roster

Mauga is gone and DJ would be best on a limited snap count. They could use another ILB.

The problem is this was a weak ILB class. Cunningham and McMillan would of been projects and they tried to trade back into the first and failed....I assume for Foster. Oh well.

It's nice to know that the Chiefs have achieved being like a bunch of teams that haven't won a Super Bowl with "their quarterback".

K

• 2 weeks later...

Those clubs you mentioned all have one thing in common- dysfunction in the Front Office/Ownership/Coaching Staff Department.....Why not throw in the Redskins with their RGIII pick?

Chiefs are differently built......this isn't the era of Scott "Candy Wrapper" Pioli......

Archived