Hey Cairos, give me that Number

The Kansas City Chiefs drafted Patrick Mahomes who wore No. 5 at Texas Tech. Here in Kansas City No. 5 belongs to Cairo Santos.

So what number will Mahomes wear? He told Mitch Holthus on the Chiefs website that he’s leaning toward wearing No. 4.

“Right now I’m thinking probably 4 but I’m still looking into maybe 7 but right now I’m thinking 4,” Mahomes said.

No. 4 was Nick Foles’ number. That would be a good one. No. 7 was Matt Cassel and that’s a little recent so I’d stay away from 7.

Don’t go buying a No. 4 Mahomes II jersey just yet. We’ll wait for the Chiefs to confirm his jersey number as they might need a say in it.

Can anyone think of another gunslinger who wore No. 4? Anyone?

The Kansas City Chiefs drafted Patrick Mahomes who wore No. 5 at Texas Tech. Here in Kansas City No. 5 belongs to Cairo Santos.

So what number will Mahomes wear? He told Mitch Holthus on the Chiefs website that he’s leaning toward wearing No. 4.

“Right now I’m thinking probably 4 but I’m still looking into maybe 7 but right now I’m thinking 4,” Mahomes said.

No. 4 was Nick Foles’ number. That would be a good one. No. 7 was Matt Cassel and that’s a little recent so I’d stay away from 7.

Don’t go buying a No. 4 Mahomes II jersey just yet. We’ll wait for the Chiefs to confirm his jersey number as they might need a say in it.

Can anyone think of another gunslinger who wore No. 4? Anyone?

Gee, I wonder.

Archived