i agree totally....the one guy was Vinnie Cerratto, former GM of the Skins...how'd that work out for ya?

Talking Heads are never wrong...

That's funny. He played the good rookie and now he is out of football. The guy who sat on the bench passed for 4900 yards last year.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get it: You don't like my opinion, nor do you like that I couched it within the context of an acknowledgment that I'm not privy to all of the information Hunt, Dorsey, and Reid have.

Here's my question: What if my pessimism ends up being validated?

then it is. I have seen A LOT of Chiefs in my time I really didn't think this last years team was that good. They got lucky with Carr's injury. We have seen Alex's ceiling. I would of preferred staying put or trading up a couple of spots for a stud ILB.I'm not big into all this draft stuff but from what I gather Foster woulda been a High Risk/High Reward guy but something about him made me cringe. I dont see where drafting a ILB or a CB or a WR for that matter would of put us over the top. The Chiefs are not that close IMO.  I like Alex he helped along with Dorsey& Reid to get us back to respectability but something has to give. Getting another retread QB  over these  35 years has shown to only get us so far.

Jr your pessimism will never = mine, you can ask those who were here since the start. Your IMO over the top man crush on Alex is sickening. To me he is just a slightly improved Grbac/Bono/Cassel and an almost a Green This is a qb driven league. The Chiefs have not in  a long time had a stud QB. There must of been something that the powers that be saw in this Mahomes kid to make them think it was worth it along with a dash of desperation. Nothing I can do about it but hope for the best but at the same time expect a full implosion with a new GM & Coach in 2-3 years . 

Pessimism is part being a Chiefs fan and I have been part of a family that had season tickets for  for 43 consecutive years and yes that started in the old Municipal Stadium. If your pessimism is valid you'll just be part of many but nothing special.

And now we have months of Chiefs propaganda about how fast someone is or what terrific catches someone made or how strong someone's arm is..its nauseating.

I get it: You don't like my opinion, nor do you like that I couched it within the context of an acknowledgment that I'm not privy to all of the information Hunt, Dorsey, and Reid have.

Do you ever state anything that is not pessimism?  Yup, we gave up a lot to get him.  Think we can do anything about it now?  Nope, so let's just enjoy the ride and see where it goes.  Can't change the past, can only accept it and move on.

Then we'll see the Chiefs win 10 games instead of 12 because they're missing a better run defense.  In two years, Smith will be in decline and hopes for a future SB appearance will still rest on a better QB.  I'm one of those who go to games hoping the Chiefs win that day and entertain me in the process.  But deep down, I really want to witness a Chiefs super bowl and if it means taking a chance of a few less wins in hopes of getting there, I'm good with that.  Unless the Chiefs get a series of breaks like they did last season in the Panther and Falcon games, they won't get to the SB with Smith.  Beyond that, who knows if the LB or CB drafted this year and next instead of Mahomes would have been the answer or a bust?  Dorsey saw an opportunity to roll the dice on getting a QB to carry the team for ten years.  If your pessimism is validated, then at least they tried.  If you're wrong, then maybe, just maybe, the Chiefs can become an annual favorite to win.

I don't get the anger about the Mahomes draft pick...  The took a chance on a QB who has an intriguing skill set.  IF Mahomes turns out to be a star the Chiefs are set for the next 15 years.  If not, oh well, you tried - and you can try again.  It's EASY to draft a team if you have a Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben playing QB for your roster, what isn't easy is finding an elite QB, and you won't find it if you don't look.

I don't get the anger about the Mahomes draft pick... The took a chance on a QB who has an intriguing skill set. IF Mahomes turns out to be a star the Chiefs are set for the next 15 years. If not, oh well, you tried - and you can try again. It's EASY to draft a team if you have a Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben playing QB for your roster, what isn't easy is finding an elite QB, and you won't find it if you don't look.

Are you taking about the "media"? The 2 people who have said something?

Or the 2 people here?

Because here, 99% are happy

Do you ever state anything that is not pessimism?

Sure. I thought the Chiefs were a Super Bowl team last year until Derrick Johnson went down. Then I knew the Chiefs were done. Le'Veon Bell put the stamp on the impact of Johnson's absence.

That's funny. He played the good rookie and now he is out of football. The guy who sat on the bench passed for 4900 yards last year.

What is really hilarious is Cerrato was fired in 2009.

RGIII was drafted in 2012.

This is why no on takes you serious.

99% of fans here are Chiefs fans, defacto 99% of us are uneasy.

Chiefs need a replacement for Alex Smith, he is 32 years old and his career is winding down.

Mahomes has a great chance to be a solid NFL QB with Reid, Dorsey and the Coaching Staff.

Mahomes has a great chance to be pretty average if he makes it at all based on overall statistics and life in the NFL.

2 First Round Picks and a 3rd round pick is a very large amount of draft capital....therefore the price as Very High.

Therefore, pretty much everything in this thread has some shade of truth.

What has been clear to me is that guys who have a low expectation for Alex Smith are quite excited....and...

Guys that think the Chiefs could win a Super Bowl using the Ravens model of a "average QB" and a great defense are nervous.(Me)...and...

the guys who wish they were Chiefs fans are slinging manure to stir up the natives.

w

your saying this to Diehard?  ROFLMAO

thats why no one takes YOU serious..good lord man

That's what I was thinking last Thursday. Then I thought about it some more. I don't think it's that simple. More on that later.

I find it funny that all you are is negative, and try to pick arguments with everyone you come in contact with.  Must get old being that miserable.  Diehard is one of the longest active members on this board, and he is taken serious by pretty much everyone BUT you.  I would say on the opposite end, NO ONE takes YOU serious on this board.

You've got that backwards. We take diehard seriously. We don't take you or your trolling seriously.

Here's the bottom line on mahomes. The jury is in on Alex Smith. With Smith we will be a good team. That's our ceiling. Now, if everything falls perfectly (unlikely) it is possible for a just good team to win the superbowl. Not likely but possible.

Dorsey and Reid have shown with this pick that they don't want to settle for just being good. They want great. You can't have great without a great QB and Alex is not that.

We'll see if it works out but at least they're giving themselves a shot at great.

Sorry, my comment was meant to the argument of starting a rookie versus sitting a rookie. I guess I need to brush up on my Redskin Gam history.

Archived