K pass U no

I don't think he'll have much impact this year and it's okay

This dude is incredibly raw and veteran linemen will shut him down until he learns how to play the position

Yeah unless we get decimated by injuries or he just progresses really quickly I don't see it this year. He's making a big jump in competition.

Yeah unless we get decimated by injuries or he just progresses really quickly I don't see it this year. He's making a big jump in competition.

Very much so.  He lived a lot of being a freak athlete in a small pond and he will need to learn nearly everything about playing the position. 

He will also have a transition phase as he moves from edge guy to interior guy.  Will have to track the ball carrier better, learn how to use his hands to beat his blocker, not be aggressive to the point he takes himself out of the play completely (the Dee Ford) and while 4% body fat at his size is impressive, he'll need to up that number some.

The JPP comparisons are very accurate.

He is a 5-tech that needs better hand usage and pad level. He has room to add weight and should have no problem doing it since he added 75lbs of muscle during his college years.

I think we could be looking at Calais Campbell in a couple of years.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived