Jamal Charles visiting Broncos on Tuesday!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he's washed up. I won't disrespect  a Chiefs warrior like that. I don't want to see him in a Broncos uniform. But you know what they say. It's all about business and he's a businessman. Jamal will always be a Chief to me. If he signs with Denver I will be pulling for him but not the Broncos.  Go Chiefs!

It is a very high upside gamble. His receiving and protection abilities are very good. I don't think I would use him between the tackles much, but what a great third down back if he can make it back. I predict he will sign for cheap and be a steal.

Done deal.  I hope he fumbles the ball at the worst possible time!!

Jamaal Charles will get two shots against his former team in 2017, because he's staying in the AFC West.

The running back is signing a one-year contract with the Denver BroncosNFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. The deal is worth up to $3.75 million, Rapoport added.

Denver was in need of a running back to join C.J. Anderson after trading Kapri Bibbs to San Francisco in exchange for a fourth-round selection in the 2018 draft.

As for Charles, we're not quite sure what he has left in him. Charles was the bellcow who was also a burner in Kansas City, possessing top-end speed and a guarantee to gain chunks of yards -- he owns the highest yards-per-carry average in league history -- when healthy, but recurring knee injuries have kept him off the field for much of the last two seasons. Charles tore his right ACL in 2015 and appeared ready to return in 2016 before a meniscus operation in November ended that campaign for him after just 12 carries in three games.

The tailback was released by the Chiefs in Feburary after nine seasons with the team and visited Seattle but left without a deal as the Seahawks elected to instead sign Eddie Lacy.

Charles posted a video showing him working on his agility in late April to quell worries about his health. The Broncos first needed a passed physical before signing him, as any team should, which Charles completed before returning to the Englewood, Colorado, facility to put pen to paper.

man gots to do what a man gots to do. I'll be interested in knowing what his contract is.

Did they release him on the prognosis of the same guy that worked on  Houston's knees?

If he goes for any where near 1000 yrds or just  is a major part of beating the Chiefs there will be some real esplaining to do .

I aint happy and my displeasure is not with JC

Could care less. Like the old saying "you don't play for the name on the back of the jersey" and I don't root for the name on the back of the jersey either.

I know people are worried but he will not be anything close to what he was in his prime. He has played 8 games in two years with injuries ending both seasons.

man gots to do what a man gots to do. I'll be interested in knowing what his contract is.

Did they release him on the prognosis of the same guy that worked on  Houston's knees?

If he goes for any where near 1000 yrds or just  is a major part of beating the Chiefs there will be some real esplaining to do .

I aint happy and my displeasure is not with JC

I agree

Denver was the 27th ranked rushing team last year anyone who believes Denver won't rely heavily on him are fooling themselves.

They won't rely on him for long. The first hit he takes on those knees will be it.

I won't say he is completely done but he isn't the same RB he was 3 years ago. I can't think a of RB at his age that has 2 repaired knees coming back and being effective.

From some of his comments he thinks this is personal. I get the feeling he just doesn't want to admit it might be over.

From some of his comments he thinks this is personal. I get the feeling he just doesn't want to admit it might be over.

He said he always wanted to play for Denver. I know it's probably gamesmanship but he could have just said he appreciated the opportunity to prove he could still play or something similar to that.

Also I guess he signed a one year deal for 3 mill.

Archived