The Chiefs made an offer to Tennessee at #5

Glad the Titans said "no".  If true, is does show how committed the Chiefs were to Mahomes.  The question is whether the Chiefs oversold themselves on Mahomes or did the rest of the league under value him.  The potential is there, but it's a long way to being a top ten value on the field.

Could Dorsey have oversold himself on Mahomes? Yeah, possibly.

I never saw the top 5 potential with Mahomes, but I (and maybe they) panicked after the Bears made that stupid trade to take Trubisky at 2.

This draft was super unpredictable at the top and we're lucky the Titans made the stupid choice.

Could Dorsey have oversold himself on Mahomes? Yeah, possibly.

I never saw the top 5 potential with Mahomes, but I (and maybe they) panicked after the Bears made that stupid trade to take Trubisky at 2.

This draft was super unpredictable at the top and we're lucky the Titans made the stupid choice.

Corey Davis, wasn't a bad choice. I think they reached on him though.

They did. He wasn't the BPA in a position of need for them, or even the best receiver on the board.

Yeah but he was the best receiver on their board and that's what matters. They saw Davis as a better fit to their offense than Williams.

This article is funny. 

First of all...who the hell is "Peters"?

2nd of all...he heard "reliably"? Yeah that has a lot of credibility.

3rd thing...Dorsey point blank said in his presser that there was discussion of moving higher but that 10 was the right spot. Which means he's either lying or the article isn't correct. I'm gonna go with Dorsey on this one.

Yeah but he was the best receiver on their board and that's what matters. They saw Davis as a better fit to their offense than Williams.

Doesn't mean their board was smart.

People give Watson credit for tearing up Bamas D, but it was Williams that was doing the dirty work. I think in certain instances, you find a way to make it work. This was one of them.

Doesn't mean their board was smart.

People give Watson credit for tearing up Bamas D, but it was Williams that was doing the dirty work. I think in certain instances, you find a way to make it work. This was one of them.

Doesn't mean their board was dumb either. It was their board. I assume they do due diligence and scouting like every other franchise. They are totally comfortable with Davis. Mayock had him listed as the #1 rated receiver pre-draft. Regardless of whether or not you like Mayock...it does illustrate how there probably wasn't much difference between Williams and Davis although they are two different type receivers. They both have talent. So I don't think it was a reach at all for the Titans.

Doesn't mean their board was dumb either. It was their board. I assume they do due diligence and scouting like every other franchise. They are totally comfortable with Davis. Mayock had him listed as the #1 rated receiver pre-draft. Regardless of whether or not you like Mayock...it does illustrate how there probably wasn't much difference between Williams and Davis although they are two different type receivers. They both have talent. So I don't think it was a reach at all for the Titans.

Williams got knocked for a timed 40 and it was absurd. Same thing happened to Evans.

One guy racked it up in the MAC and another performed on the highest stages.

Lattimore was a better prospect than both of them though.

Williams got knocked for a timed 40 and it was absurd. Same thing happened to Evans.

One guy racked it up in the MAC and another performed on the highest stages.

Lattimore was a better prospect than both of them though.

Even PFF had Davis ranked #1. I see where you're coming from. You have to be in a Big 6 conference to be the best. I happen to think differently. We can agree to disagree.

I'd have to disagree with PFF.

You don't have to be in a power conference to be the best, but dominating the best teams carries a lot of weight. So does making an average QB into a top 15 pick.

Williams had the most stock until people freaked out because his timed 40 speed wasn't in the 4.4 range and it was dumb.

Archived