Chiefs Pick Up Dee Ford's Option

Question on how this works. So, $8.7 million if we keep in in 2018. What is the hit if we cut him next year? Should be zero if he is healthy, correct?

Not sure, but 8.7 will be a bargain after he puts up 15+ sacks this year.

It seems like the right call. I am curious if they use the 6'7" rookie physical freak to pass rush until he learns to play DE. It is what he has done the most of and its kind of fun thinking about a nearly 300 pound edge rusher.

8.7 is a bargain if he racks up 10 sacks. Was a no brainer for KC.

I disagree..10 Timely sacks yea ok maybe but trash sacks in meaningless games..BFD

IMO he caught  some teams by surprise because they did not take him seriously..when they did notice him his performance fell off dramatically. He's just a guy & I'm no fan..but thats just me

I disagree..10 Timely sacks yea ok maybe but trash sacks in meaningless games..BFD

IMO he caught  some teams by surprise because they did not take him seriously..when they did notice him his performance fell off dramatically. He's just a guy & I'm no fan..but thats just me

I don't disagree. That was more of a comment about how much players are paid now.

I think of is looking to replace him, hence picking up the option after the draft.

But it's a no brainer to keep him another year and see how everyone develops. If he doesn't make a jump look at the draft next year.

Archived