Charles says he would have taken a pay cut to stay in KC

I don't think it was about the money. I think they felt 2 things. He had a high likelihood of crippling himself and that it was time to get younger and healthier at the position.

In other words, partly about his future and partly about there's IMO. A pay cut wouldn't address either.

I don't think it was about the money. I think they felt 2 things. He had a high likelihood of crippling himself and that it was time to get younger and healthier at the position.

In other words, partly about his future and partly about there's IMO. A pay cut wouldn't address either.

did they "feel" that way because of his Dr's opinion?..seem other's opinion must differ..when it comes to player's knee evaluations I give the Chiefs medical staff an F

time will tell

I think they just felt he was done which is why they recommended retirement.

I think its somewhat telling that he only got an offer almost 2 months after he was released and the offer he did get was a one year incentive laden deal. So its not like Denver is putting much faith into him. Only other team visited was Seattle and and that was mid march.

Time will if KC was right but the league didn't see much value in him either.

it wasn't just Charles, teams were not rushing to the alter to marry up with AP or Beast Modefor that matter, older RB's just are not that in demand in today's passing league. I didn't expect the league to  coming knocking his door down and its only logical that he get a 1 year incentive deal ,Chiefs coulda gave him that.. going to a AFCW team is what really sucks tho

I aint liking it my gut says JC will have his day and it'll be in Arrowhead and it'll hurt..thats what my guts tells me

• 3 months later...

I can't say 100% that Charles is done. But he is still struggling with health. Didn't play in 1st preseason game and I've read a lot of Denver fans thinking he might not make the final cut.

He has to get in a preseason game and show something. They won't carry him because of his name. We shall see. He is 30 with 2 ACL tears and hasn't played a whole lot the past couple of years. Does that sound like a guy who is going to go off on us? Doubtful.

Charles is no longer reliable.  He may get hurt again or he may not be effective on a consistent basis.  Expect to see a few eye popping runs if he stays healthy, but for the Chiefs, it's time to move on and see if Hunt can pick up some yards.  I wish J.C. the best, but his time here was past.

Archived