Was Mahomes worth trading up for?

I get a kick out of those that keep referring to "the steep price" the Chiefs paid to move up to get Mahomes. Moving up from near the bottom of the first round (and a lot of "experts" refer to the bottom of the 1st and top of the 2nd as "not much different" in talent pool) to the Top Ten is a significant leap. I can understand them questioning based on the fact many didn't think Mahomes was worth a Top Ten pick...but what we paid to move up to that spot...I don't think was that outrageous as some have stated in the media.

I get a kick out of those that keep referring to "the steep price" the Chiefs paid to move up to get Mahomes. Moving up from near the bottom of the first round (and a lot of "experts" refer to the bottom of the 1st and top of the 2nd as "not much different" in talent pool) to the Top Ten is a significant leap. I can understand them questioning based on the fact many didn't think Mahomes was worth a Top Ten pick...but what we paid to move up to that spot...I don't think was that outrageous as some have stated in the media.

Agreed. Giving up draft picks to move up isn't nearly as steep a price as having a shitty losing season and already being in the top 10.

the only way it becomes a steep price is if the Chiefs fall on their face and end up with atop 15 pick next year.. that'll really hurt & I'm not so awfully sure it wont happen that way

OT...when are you changing your board name to "The New Wilkie"...lol.

Even if we fall flat on our face and end up with the number 1 pick, I like Mahomes over the qbs next year anyway so I'm still good. His potential is through the roof.

There was one throw in the Oklahoma game that Gruden called the best throw he's ever seen, college or pros. I agree.

Even if we fall flat on our face and end up with the number 1 pick, I like Mahomes over the qbs next year anyway so I'm still good. His potential is through the roof.

There was one throw in the Oklahoma game that Gruden called the best throw he's ever seen, college or pros. I agree.

SHAMELESS BALLWASHING

SHAMELESS BALLWASHING

Without a doubt I like his tape over next years crop. We shall see who's right in a few years. There will be ups and downs with mahomes like any qb but the kids got a good shot. And there are no qbs in the NFL right now with the exception of Rodgers who can make that throw. And yes that includes your buttplug, Flacco.

I knew going into the draft that we had plenty of capital to move up, and didn't doubt they'd pull the trigger considering 10 draft picks was too many to keep on. Mahomes was the only one I wanted, and it was a thrill to see my team not only make the big move, but to do it for my guy.

Was it worth it? Hell yes. Coupla glorified 2nd round picks and some change to leapfrog 4-5 other teams to snag an epic gunslinger? Might be an epic flop for all I know, but way to make a move! If it pans out, this could well be the greatest move in KC sports since the Royals moved up to snag George Brett. ????

I knew going into the draft that we had plenty of capital to move up, and didn't doubt they'd pull the trigger considering 10 draft picks was too many to keep on. Mahomes was the only one I wanted, and it was a thrill to see my team not only make the big move, but to do it for my guy.

Was it worth it? Hell yes. Coupla glorified 2nd round picks and some change to leapfrog 4-5 other teams to snag an epic gunslinger? Might be an epic flop for all I know, but way to make a move! If it pans out, this could well be the greatest move in KC sports since the Royals moved up to snag George Brett.

although  GB was selected in the 2nd round I agree. I was thinking Tony G  but yea

Agree as well.  Mahomes is the perfect pick for the "Gotta Be Aggressive" and get a Franchise QB Now community.

KC was not going to get one via trade and they are not going to go 2- 14 any time soon.  This was the year and Mahomes is the right guy to try on.

That said, none of us know what Mahomes will be other than he is a competitor, smart and dedicated to football.  That automatically moves him out of the Ryan Leaf crowd.

He could be anywhere in the range of Philip Rivers .....Gunslinger, but no Super Bowl ....to John Elway....Gunslinger with  multiple SB's.

Time will tell and Mahomes is lucky he has Andy Reid.

w

Agree as well.  Mahomes is the perfect pick for the "Gotta Be Aggressive" and get a Franchise QB Now community.

KC was not going to get one via trade and they are not going to go 2- 14 any time soon.  This was the year and Mahomes is the right guy to try on.

That said, none of us know what Mahomes will be other than he is a competitor, smart and dedicated to football.  That automatically moves him out of the Ryan Leaf crowd.

He could be anywhere in the range of Philip Rivers .....Gunslinger, but no Super Bowl ....to John Elway....Gunslinger with  multiple SB's.

Time will tell and Mahomes is lucky he has Andy Reid.

w

i agree

the best thing mahomes has is andy reid.  

I wish Mahomes was Andrew Luck.....but you have to be lucky to really stink up the joint in the right year.

The Colts have the right guy to build around, if he does not get killed in the process.

w

I wish Mahomes was Andrew Luck.....but you have to be lucky to really stink up the joint in the right year.

The Colts have the right guy to build around, if he does not get killed in the process.

w

Yes, he is one of the few QBs that I think could be on par with the fantastic four we have gotten to enjoy over the last 10 years. Brees, Peyton, Marsha, Rogers.

Archived