A minor Complaint: Talking to you Berry

3 significant dudes bailed on OTAs. Houston, Berry and Peters.

Houston, I get because of last year's injuries, but dude... show up and ride a bike. This is a chance for the young guys to learn from you. Step up.

Peters, hey man we are sorting through a sea of lesser players to play opposite of you. At least, show up and work with the coaches to help force some balls your way. But you have been killing it and may be worried about getting hurt. I get it if you can't show and refuse to practice. That hurts, but I get it.

Berry, are you fucking kidding me? You were made the highest paid Safety in the history of the NFL. Primarily because of your leadership. It sure wasn't for jumping a crossing route and thinking Houston had Brown (the best WR in the league) covered on a deep a route 30 yards down the field.

And right after they reward you like that for your leadership, you bail. I don't get man. As a die hard fan, explain it to me. Please.

Berry got the big contract and announced how happy he was to be the Chiefs' leader.  Now he doesn't show up for OTAs.  Yeah, he doesn't need to be here to be effective this season, but he does need to be here to set the example.  For the kind of money he was given, he could do a little more than the minimum during the off season.

3 significant dudes bailed on OTAs. Houston, Berry and Peters.

Houston, I get because of last year's injuries, but dude... show up and ride a bike. This is a chance for the young guys to learn from you. Step up.

Peters, hey man we are sorting through a sea of lesser players to play opposite of you. At least, show up and work with the coaches to help force some balls your way. But you have been killing it and may be worried about getting hurt. I get it if you can't show and refuse to practice. That hurts, but I get it.

Berry, are you fucking kidding me? You were made the highest paid Safety in the history of the NFL. Primarily because of your leadership. It sure wasn't for jumping a crossing route and thinking Houston had Brown (the best WR in the league) covered on a deep a route 30 yards down the field.

And right after they reward you like that for your leadership, you bail. I don't get man. As a die hard fan, explain it to me. Please.

Give him a break.  He's had harsh chemo for Hodgkin's disease.  Why expect him to wear himself out when it doesn't count...and yes, chemo affects your body for years. Seriously.

Give him a break. He's had harsh chemo for Hodgkin's disease. Why expect him to wear himself out when it doesn't count...and yes, chemo affects your body for years. Seriously.

That is fair, but the dude will work hard where ever he is. He worked hard during chemo. I just think you set an example if you are a leader. All three should have been there even if in shorts. Do you that no Tamba is worried about wearing his body down? Does he need OTAs? It's leadership. You display it or you don't.

Give him a break. He's had harsh chemo for Hodgkin's disease. Why expect him to wear himself out when it doesn't count...and yes, chemo affects your body for years. Seriously.

Doesn't mean he can't be there. I know the media would have a speculation fest if he showed up and didn't practice, but there are ways to lead without being a full participant.

Sorry. After what he went through, and to fight his way back to pro bowl caliber ball, it is so astonishing that I would salute him, even if he shat on some rookie's lunch tray. He has earned a lifetime of respect from me, and he can do anything he pleases. He has nothing to prove to anyone. When training camp comes, he will be setting an example by how he prepares. He will mentor, encourage, inspire, and cheer his teammates and understudies, just like he always has. He doesn't owe the team or the fans any more than that.

Sorry. After what he went through, and to fight his way back to pro bowl caliber ball, it is so astonishing that I would salute him, even if he shat on some rookie's lunch tray. He has earned a lifetime of respect from me, and he can do anything he pleases. He has nothing to prove to anyone. When training camp comes, he will be setting an example by how he prepares. He will mentor, encourage, inspire, and cheer his teammates and understudies, just like he always has. He doesn't owe the team or the fans any more than that.

Doesn't have anything about him proving himself. It isn't anything about respect. It isn't him owing anything. It's about making the rest of the team better. I think that the opening post and myself just want to make the rest of the team better. I'm not really concerned about my respect for him and neither is he. But I do agree that he can do a lot of that in the mandatory training camp segments.

Football is a tough sport. It takes a lot of energy to get out there and teach young kids at OTAs, which isn't in that man's kob description. Leave that to the coaches and let Berry save his energy for when it really matters such as training camp

My understanding is that Berry has a very specific off season routine that he follows in Atlanta. He believes it is that regiment that best prepares him for the football season. I understand the whole "he needs to be a leader" thing. But ultimately he is paid to deliver on the field during games. He can be a leader during mini camp and regular training camp and through the season.

Missing OTA's=not the end of the world.

Archived