Is Wilkie afraid the Chiefs won't make his 8-8 prediction?

I think that's what he's saying..sorry Wilkie it wont be me. I'm not on the edge where I feel like the bottom will drop out but I do think this year will be a 1 step back before the 2-3 steps forward. The Truth is in my eyes that Chiefs just got older but not appreciably better. Our first round pick wont add anything this year and the others are just unknowns but certainly have no outstanding attributes. Peters and Hill altho coming onto the team with concerns also had some tremendous upside. I don't see any tremendous upside  where they may make an immediate impact. I don't read the preseason propaganda so that does nothing to alleviate my concerns.

so far I'm sticking with my 2nd place in AFC West and best case scenario is bottom seed in the playoffs just sneaking in like they did that one year  when Herm was here.

I think that's what he's saying..sorry Wilkie it wont be me. I'm not on the edge where I feel like the bottom will drop out but I do think this year will be a 1 step back before the 2-3 steps forward. The Truth is in my eyes that Chiefs just got older but not appreciably better. Our first round pick wont add anything this year and the others are just unknowns but certainly have no outstanding attributes. Peters and Hill altho coming onto the team with concerns also had some tremendous upside. I don't see any tremendous upside where they may make an immediate impact. I don't read the preseason propaganda so that does nothing to alleviate my concerns.

so far I'm sticking with my 2nd place in AFC West and best case scenario is bottom seed in the playoffs just sneaking in like they did that one year when Herm was here.

Yea this is kinda where I'm at.

I'm always more optimistic than I should be, but I feel 2017 will be a great season. Tough division means our chiefs could be 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the division. I like their chances to repeat as division champs. Smith is basically in a contract year and will be audItioning for his next team, Maclin must prove that 2016 was an aborarion. Kelce is a stud and Hall' Is going to get many more targets. I just feel like the offense might be the best we've seen since the Vermeil hay days. Defense will only be better with a healthy Houston and an improved defensive front - I really like the Logan pickup and getting Baily back with Jones entering his second year will be huge.

The raiders have improved and will be a challenge, but the chiefs seem to be in Carr's head and they won multiple games improbably last year that probably won't break the same for hem in 2017.

Broncos will be tough but have no winner at the most important position on the field.

How about this s. We are returning the same team that went 12-4 last year only with an improved running defense (thanks to Bennie Logan), a better pass rush (thanks to a healthy Houston, Ford in a contract year, don't be surprised if Kpass does come off the edge on third a long), better Oline play with the young middle learning to work together, a better QB play with Smith playing for a starting job next year, a better running game with Ware/Hunt rather than Ware/West, better receiving with Mac putting that god awful season behind him and Hill developing.

This is a better team than last year.

Just remember our best defensive player barely played last year. Our second best defensive player for half the season. Our LG was improving when he hit IR. We lost how many starters for the year? Hell just getting a little luckier with injuries could really push us past where we were last year. It's all a crap shoot, but I am excited to see it unfold.

If the Chiefs can stop the run, they should be okay.  That's a big if, as the PIT playoff game showed.  It would seem to depend on what DJ has left and whether the new guys can help out this year.  I'm comfortable with the D backfield and the offense.  If Kpas can do what Jones did last year, this should be a winning season.

DH is right.  If we get fewer injuries that divisional opponents who are also good, we will make the playoffs.  After that, it is a matter of coaching, gametime luck, and whoever has the QB with the hot hand. There isn't a team that doesn't have some weaknesses. It really is a game of injuries.  Whoever has the best depth makes it to the show.  We have great depth.

We have some good receiving RB's and an improving Conley and an established Maclin.  Others may show up big time. Hill will stretch the defense.  I'm not worried, especially if our O-line is healthy and we are running better.  A tandem of Hunt and Ware at RB, an improved and healthy O-line, and the overall passing game should work much better, and keep opposing offenses off the field a couple more minutes per game.  And that is a very big deal.

We have some good receiving RB's and an improving Conley and an established Maclin.  Others may show up big time. Hill will stretch the defense.  I'm not worried, especially if our O-line is healthy and we are running better.  A tandem of Hunt and Ware at RB, an improved and healthy O-line, and the overall passing game should work much better, and keep opposing offenses off the field a couple more minutes per game.  And that is a very big deal.

Maybe the Chiefs have high hopes for Robinson and Chesson.  It's not often that a GM will give up a premium FA signing without a reason.

Archived