Chiefs release Maclin

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ArrowheadPride says cap move. Anybody think Wilson and Conley strike fear in heart of NFL cornerbacks. Man oh man

It's the obvious thing to say cap move. But that's because Joel Thorman is a moron. The next thought provoking article he writes will be his first.

Anyone else notice how inefficient the offense was when he was out?

Anyone notice how inefficient it was when he came back. People are overreacting. Hill kelce conley, ware, will step up. I'm sure we use the 10million to sign someone.

What a bunch of Nervous Nellies. Relax. The Chiefs did fine last year without much of a contribution from Maclin. 

So far, Reid and Dorsey have done a fine job of consistently, though slowly, improving this roster. They have earned the right to a bit of trust. I liked Maclin fine, and he had a great year two years ago. However, this new approach by Dorsey/Reid reminds me of the successful Patriot Way. No sentiment, no holding on to players who have started to decline. Nothing personal, but this is a business. 

I really, really hope DJ is able to come back full strength. If not, we could be saying good-bye to a real fan favorite soon. I would hate that, but ya gotta move on. It's not what have you done for me lately, it's what can you do for me right now?

I do no like this move....

Smells like they are starting a rebuild.

w

With all respect to the above posters, isn't it just possible that Dorsey/Reid know something about Maclin that we don't?  Could be injury or it could be other issues that indicate he won't help the team.  There's no receiver on the team better than Maclin WHEN HE"S AT HIS BEST.  This isn't a rebuilding move, the Chiefs have enough talent to compete this year and JM might still be effective when Mahomes is expected to play.  I trust Dorsey on this one.

With all respect to the above posters, isn't it just possible that Dorsey/Reid know something about Maclin that we don't? Could be injury or it could be other issues that indicate he won't help the team. There's no receiver on the team better than Maclin WHEN HE"S AT HIS BEST. This isn't a rebuilding move, the Chiefs have enough talent to compete this year and JM might still be effective when Mahomes is expected to play. I trust Dorsey on this one.

Another voice of reason.

What a bunch of Nervous Nellies. Relax. The Chiefs did fine last year without much of a contribution from Maclin.

So far, Reid and Dorsey have done a fine job of consistently, though slowly, improving this roster. They have earned the right to a bit of trust. I liked Maclin fine, and he had a great year two years ago. However, this new approach by Dorsey/Reid reminds me of the successful Patriot Way. No sentiment, no holding on to players who have started to decline. Nothing personal, but this is a business.

I really, really hope DJ is able to come back full strength. If not, we could be saying good-bye to a real fan favorite soon. I would hate that, but ya gotta move on. It's not what have you done for me lately, it's what can you do for me right now?

Yea this was a business move and no emotion. Reid was at Maclins wedding a few weeks back.

I get the move and will trust Dorsey on it but this is a better team with Maclin versus without.

Chiefs will definitely need a step up in production from someone. Frankly, I do not understand how Albert Wilson keeps getting listed as a starting receiver. Forget being 1,000 yard receiver in a given year. He hasn't reached 1,000 yards in the past 3 years combined.

I agree this was a cap move as much as anything. But assuming Maclin would have had a bit of a bounce back (60-70 receptions?)...where does that production come from?

Archived