Chiefs Running Game?

Charles didn't need much blocking. Others do. I think they were doing a better job when Ehinger was in there. After he was gone, they fell off. It could have been a beaten up Ware that played a part also.

They have been protected a lot by WR screens, trick plays and designed 3 yard passes. I think when they continue improving you will see Andy trusting them more and letting the QB hold the ball longer with plays that take a while to develop.

We saw more downfield passing last year. I expect that trend to continue.

End of 2015 Ware & West both ran well?  No Charles then either? 

Jeff Allen used to be a Chief. I'd rather have Fulton as a backup center than as a backup guard. But even then, the rushing of the Chiefs wasn't very good in the 2015 post-season. Smith had better yards per rush than any Chiefs runningback.

It is very, very possible that the Chiefs' offensive line is simply overrated. Especially by Chiefs fans.

Jeff Allen used to be a Chief. I'd rather have Fulton as a backup center than as a backup guard. But even then, the rushing of the Chiefs wasn't very good in the 2015 post-season. Smith had better yards per rush than any Chiefs runningback.

It is very, very possible that the Chiefs' offensive line is simply overrated. Especially by Chiefs fans.

I havent' met very many Chiefs' fans that think the offensive line is good, especially at guard. 

Line has been "bottom third" for the past few years.

I saw the line as "Middle of the pack" toward the end of last year.

That said, the O-line does get mauled in "must run" downs...

I have hopes the line improves to top 3rd this year with the continuity and progression of the young guys.

w

Archived