Chiefs part ways with Dorsey

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe due to the cap problems? Could be they feel he should've taken a closer look at it.

thats about all I can figure. He wiffed on 2 WR contracts/ a year late of Houston's & drafted Fordnow we are in Cap Hell. Didn't offer JC or JMac even a chance to take a pay cut.

I hope they get somebody in there that has some solid experience.  Reid has his hands full just managing the clock.

w

Well they let the new boy wonder go to Indy..whomever does get the GM job IF its not Reid he'll just be a lap dog unless Reid has some one in mind that he can work with

I heard Pioli  may be in the mix

Nah ..sorry this bumbling out fit makes me laugh..no wonder I dont get too excited about this team any more

Well that's a surprise.

I would have to guess Clark Hunt decided to make the move over poor timing with some of these extensions, salary cap mismanagement and poor FA signings.

Will wait and see who they replace him with, but it doesn't look like a good move on paper.

There were some questionable moves with cutting Mac, throw crazy stacks at Berry, getting 6 players with 10 picks, a top 10 contract with LDT. Not sure what it came down to or whether Reid had approval rights.

Bill Maas just made some good points. The big contacts have not produced top performances. He sited Bowe and Houston.

I would be curious what the deciding factor was.

Don't have a lot of time to write a long post, but I will say that my info says this was a mutual thing between Reid and Clark and Dorsey did infact ask to be relieved after being told he wouldn't be extended.

A lot of underlying details and the situation was complicated.

Archived