Chiefs part ways with Dorsey

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While it's popular to blame the separation on performance, there could be outside reasons that we'll never learn about or find out later.  Personal issues, discord in the front office, telling Hunt he won't be around after this year, a million other things.  Dorsey has made some mistakes and made some good moves.  If others in the organization were whining about Dorsey, it sure didn't get out.  I just don't think it's all about signings, releases, and drafting.

man, this is really starting to look like a mickey mouse organization. Release maclin on a vm, get rid of the best GM this team has seen in years. Geez, makes it really hard to keep watching!

I think this is actually why he was let go...between how Charles and Maclin were handles, Clark didn't like looking like a Mickey Mouse organization...

I think this is actually why he was let go...between how Charles and Maclin were handles, Clark didn't like looking like a Mickey Mouse organization...

Clark is a big reason this is a Mickey Mouse organization. Losing Dorsey seals the Chiefs fate for the near future. If you look at Andy's track record it's not great, didn't work out well in Philly so nothing to promising there.. Clark is too busy slob knobbing the commissioner trying to get a draft and a Super Bowl in KC to care about success on the field.. Always has been and always will be about money instead of Super Bowl in KC.

Guess Big Red is taking on a dual role?

He somewhat has since he arrived. Dorsey did the heavy lifting and worked the contracts while Reid determined who to take.

The Chiefs will suffer from a depth level as Dorsey was one of the finest talent evaluators and chruned the bottom of the roster well. He just didn't handle other GM aspects well.

To make a long story short, Dorsey had one foot out the door and wanted to be a bigger man on campus.

Clark didn't want him bouncing during the heavy lifting of preparing for 2018 offseason so they elected to give him the "option" to mutally part ways.

Add a dash of resentment from the locker room growing on the FO and you have this.

I don't think promoting internally is the right move. There's another bright mind in GB that would do excellent here.

Feeling is the Prisco article was a planned leak from the Packers to gauge interest from his camp while not drawing any attention of possible tampering accusations.

Maybe it had something to do with how Dorsey let Maclin know he was no longer a Chief.

I would take a look at Herm Edwards for our next GM, he has an eye for talent.

He been out of the game for too long and seems to have a cushy ESPN gig. I can't see why he would want to work a job like that again.

Lots of jumping the gun here. I was a huge Dorsey supporter but who knows.. maybe he was jumping ship, maybe he cut his throats with the Mahomes pick, maybe it was Maclin without informing Reid... I would not be worried with the talent the chiefs have. Future is still bright.

I see him going back to Green Bay.., That's kinda been the rumor since his second year anyway.., Sorry to see him go, he did well for us..,

Hopefully everything is amiable and there's no bad blood.., I been a Chiefs fan for over a half a century and this kinda shit just seems to happen.., When things start to get going good, there's generally a fuckin coming.., GO Chiefs..,

Dorsey was a good GM.  But, how much of the show was Reid running?  Probably most of it.

Still Dorsey deserves credit.  Especially for his ability to find those diamonds in the rough.

I wonder if they disagreed on Mahomes II? 

I am not down about this season at all and sticking with my 12-4. We are better than last year and went 12-4 last year.

We lost Charles, Mac and Poe. None of which made significant contributions to our 12-4 record. We added a second RB to take the pressure off of Ware, a legitimate backup QB, a run stuffing NT (huge need) and a 300 pound edge rusher. Our line is back to full strength and a year more mature. Houston looks to be healthy which was a huge loss last year. DJ is practicing already.

We still have our top our top 5 contributors to rushing yards. 4 of our top 5 contributors to receiving yards. Our top 10 in tackles.

I just can't find a reason to be down on this year's team. Maybe I am missing something.

I am not down about this season at all and sticking with my 12-4. We are better than last year and went 12-4 last year.

We lost Charles, Mac and Poe. None of which made significant contributions to our 12-4 record. We added a second RB to take the pressure off of Ware, a legitimate backup QB, a run stuffing NT (huge need) and a 300 pound edge rusher. Our line is back to full strength and a year more mature. Houston looks to be healthy which was a huge loss last year. DJ is practicing already.

We still have our top our top 5 contributors to rushing yards. 4 of our top 5 contributors to receiving yards. Our top 10 in tackles.

I just can't find a reason to be down on this year's team. Maybe I am missing something.

You just keep missing that nobody takes you seriously!!!  bwahahahah, just had to do it!!

KK alluded to the possibility that the Locker Room had some moral issues with the way things were handled with Jmac * JC  and Berry still a bit miffed about the process to get his contract. Clark IMO is not one that can stomach LR discourse + Cap Hell . I  realize being a GM can be a thankless job and you got to be the bad guy but these guys tossed aside were just good all around guys/team players..Dorsey might of forgot about how this team is owned.. and who was the Boss and his personality/value compass.

just speculation on my part of course  with some seed of thought thrown in by KK's questions to Herm.

Archived