ESPN Power Rankings

Luck is good, but the kid needs help. Grigson left that roster in terrible shape and wasted their best shot at another SB.

i dont know about that.

the gutted the team his first year and were in a complete rebuild.  with the early success they foolishly went all in.  and they failed badly.  i don't see that as their best shot at a super bowl at all.  it was impressive they got to the championship game if you ask me

They had some pieces and a large clip of cap space with him on a cheap rookie deal.

The AFC South was shit, too.

winning a sb through free agency is pretty hard to do if you look at history. But yes it was possible for them due to the reasons you said.

Hopefully Ballard can get some homegrown talent

AFC South

- Luck is hurt worse then they are letting on....no back up

- Houston doesn't have a QB- the garbage they will line up under center is laughable

- Jags? Umm, no....just no....

So that leaves the Titans with Mariotta....They will be better than advertised.

AFC South

- Luck is hurt worse then they are letting on....no back up

- Houston doesn't have a QB- the garbage they will line up under center is laughable

- Jags? Umm, no....just no....

So that leaves the Titans with Mariotta....They will be better than advertised.

They already are better than advertised.  Wouldn't be surprised to see them win that division.

• 1 month later...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/NFLpowerrankingsx170912/nfl-2017-week-2-power-rankings-overreaction-edition-pittsburgh-steelers-green-bay-packers-kansas-city-chiefs-make-early-moves

Seriously, how in the hell are the Steelers ranked number one in the power rankings? They barely beat the Browns. If not for a drop, the Browns could've won.

I'm not arguing for the Chiefs to be number one. I could even keep the Patriots as number one and say they will bounce back. But I seriously don't understand this.

Anyway, I don't take the cop out of saying that is an overreaction post. Either rank them for reals or don't. I don't know how 80 "experts" could rate the Steelers here based upon anything unless they were told to specifically to overreact. And if so, would they be told to do this every week? Are they supposed to slowly not overreact over a span of 17 weeks?

Reminds me of The Office when Michael says that one day people will estimate him instead of underestimate.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/NFLpowerrankingsx170912/nfl-2017-week-2-power-rankings-overreaction-edition-pittsburgh-steelers-green-bay-packers-kansas-city-chiefs-make-early-moves

Seriously, how in the hell are the Steelers ranked number one in the power rankings? They barely beat the Browns. If not for a drop, the Browns could've won.

I'm not arguing for the Chiefs to be number one. I could even keep the Patriots as number one and say they will bounce back. But I seriously don't understand this.

The Squeelers are this years darlings. I've already seen several shows, prior to week ine, saying they are SB bound.

Steelers are the "teacher's pet" of the NFL.

..closely followed by the Raiders.  The Chiefs got a lot of love after last Thursday's game, but I don't think they would beat the Steelers at a neutral site today.  Maybe when they prove they can stop Bell from running wild and also show consistency on offense, that will change, but one performance in NE and now missing Berry doesn't make the Chiefs the top team.  On a side note, was everyone amused by how the ESPN announcers salivated over Rivers?  Acted like he was the second coming of Bart Starr.

..closely followed by the Raiders. The Chiefs got a lot of love after last Thursday's game, but I don't think they would beat the Steelers at a neutral site today. Maybe when they prove they can stop Bell from running wild and also show consistency on offense, that will change, but one performance in NE and now missing Berry doesn't make the Chiefs the top team. On a side note, was everyone amused by how the ESPN announcers salivated over Rivers? Acted like he was the second coming of Bart Starr.

We said the same thing about New England a week ago. We are every bit as good as Pit.

..closely followed by the Raiders. The Chiefs got a lot of love after last Thursday's game, but I don't think they would beat the Steelers at a neutral site today. Maybe when they prove they can stop Bell from running wild and also show consistency on offense, that will change, but one performance in NE and now missing Berry doesn't make the Chiefs the top team. On a side note, was everyone amused by how the ESPN announcers salivated over Rivers? Acted like he was the second coming of Bart Starr.

You may be right Jet. This Chiefs team feels different. We will only know as the season progresses. I can't wait for the Pitt game.

I disagree, they got there best back.. sorry I love Berry but houston, is the best on the chiefs roster, and having dj back aint so bad, and then on the other side, the o line starting to play together, some serious speed on the outside and kelce. Very interested to see how Kareem plays against the eagles. 

I disagree, they got there best back.. sorry I love Berry but houston, is the best on the chiefs roster, and having dj back aint so bad, and then on the other side, the o line starting to play together, some serious speed on the outside and kelce. Very interested to see how Kareem plays against the eagles. 

An argument could be made that Houston is more valuable on defense than Berry, but I think Berry saves/wins more games.  Actually, Peters probably would be hardest to replace.  Shutting down a large area of the field to the passing game is worth a lot.  NE threw ONCE to Peters area or man.  Bottom line is that it's a team game and no one player can win single handed.  But one player's mistake can cost 7 points.

Its really hard to say who "is the biggest difference maker" on the defense.

We could not stop the run last year with Berry and DJ because we were very weak up front with a slowed down POE, No Bailey and limtied Howard.

Chiefs addressed the D-Line vs the run in a Big way this offseason.

I think a rejuvenated Justin Houston is the real difference maker.

w

We said the same thing about New England a week ago. We are every bit as good as Pit.

Agree. Every year is different. I believe the Chiefs have as much talent as Pittsburgh. They just gotta learn to beat teams like that. They will get their shot later this year.

Archived