Flowers is Gone

This makes sense to me. We just couldn't afford a player that doesn't fit the system. That's what a few GM and coaching changes will do to you...along with bad contracts. Do you think there will be more players cut because of poor contacts in the future??

something has to be done about Berry's contract .. his contract is the white Elephant. What that something is ?? Who knows?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He gave up 800 yards and 4 TDs last year. According to PFF, QBs had a 67.7 completion percentage when thrown at and opposing QBs had a 103.7 QB rating against him. He was hurt every year all the time. People have used that excuse with him forever. He was really good against the run but, he was never a good man corner against small fast guys like Desean Jackson, Mario Manningham, and Jacoby Ford. He was never good against the big guys like Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant, and Keenan Allen either. Nobody would trade for that contract and he would have been the third best CB on the team. He's too short and slow to play outside in the defense Sutton wants to run. He's not a man corner but, is a zone corner. Herm drafted him to play in the cover 2. He just made way too much money to be the nickel back. He was the 5th highest paid CB in the NFL.

Yeah, well you're ugly!

The backfield definitely took a hit. IIRC, Indy didn't start blowing up our secondary last year until Flowers got hurt and Robinson had to cover the slot.

I never thought he was worth that contract but he was still the best corner on the roster.

Actually, they didn't blow anything up until Houston got hurt. If you watch, he was in the back field the whole time. Houston is a beast and should get paid like one.

something has to be done about Berry's contract .. his contract is the white Elephant. What that something is ?? Who knows?

3 time pro bowler isn't getting cut. They'll fix that contract. He also needs to be used in a ball hawking role. When Lewis was getting shredded he should have been moved back deeper.

3 time pro bowler isn't getting cut. They'll fix that contract. He also needs to be used in a ball hawking role. When Lewis was getting shredded he should have been moved back deeper.

sutoon will always be questioned for his lack of adjustment...

that game was the chiefs.

sutoon will always be questioned for his lack of adjustment...

that game was the chiefs.

He better have some answers this year. When we don't get pressure he better have a plan. His shit game plans went to hell with no pressure.

just to get caught up;

1. Houston is a Beast

2. Berry needs to be re-structured or he needs to be the QB of the Defense. He is going into his 5th year and I was SHOCKED to read last week that he was not calling the coverages and he is "expected to take a larger role" this year.

3. Dee Ford is needed to spell Houston and Hali and will take over for Tamba as soons as next year.

4. Chiefs need to add a veteran corner IMO.

w

just to get caught up;

1. Houston is a Beast

2. Berry needs to be re-structured or he needs to be the QB of the Defense. He is going into his 5th year and I was SHOCKED to read last week that he was not calling the coverages and he is "expected to take a larger role" this year.

3. Dee Ford is needed to spell Houston and Hali and will take over for Tamba as soons as next year.

4. Chiefs need to add a veteran corner IMO.

w

Agree with all but the vet corner.  We have Chris Owens already.  I'd rather see the kids get the snaps.

Who is QB of the defense?  I agree it should be Berry.

DJ makes the calls for the Line....But there was an article last week on Chief.com about how Berry needs to "take over" after the departure of Kendrick Lewis who Emmitt Thomas called "the QB of the Defense".

w

I don't think you need to worry about Berry West. He was playing up at the line a lot last year and that's probably why he wasn't making the reads. He couldn't see everything in front of him up there. Most of the time the FS makes the reads. We must get him re-signed. How long has it been since we have had an all-pro on defense?

I think Berry is terrific and he is the least of my worries in the defensive backfield.  But having Emmitt tell us how vaulable Kendrick Lewis was AFTER they let him go was a clear message to Mr. Berry......"its time to step up"...

I think he will be just fine.

w

Agree with all but the vet corner. We have Chris Owens already. I'd rather see the kids get the snaps.

Who is QB of the defense? I agree it should be Berry.

It was Lewis... Once again, he might be the worst safety ever in KC history. McGraw sucked but it was like one year.

I think Berry is terrific and he is the least of my worries in the defensive backfield. But having Emmitt tell us how vaulable Kendrick Lewis was AFTER they let him go was a clear message to Mr. Berry......"its time to step up"...

I think he will be just fine.

w

Lewis was fucking trash. One job... One job... Don't get beat over the top... Guy was beat over the top a good 75 times in a KC uniform.

Yep.  The bottom was ready to fall out for him.  And our scheme requires tall corners, because they get left on an island.  I agree, though.  He was a tackling machine and a great Chief. 

The worst thing a franchise can do is hang on to a good player even one year too long out of respect, friendship, and memories.

Agreed on Lewis. Wow. How can you suck at run support and still give up the deep ball on a regular basis.

Chiefs got instantly better just letting Lewis go. Addition by subtraction. Abdullah will win that job and be far better.

Archived