I hope Alex can get the ball to him

I think this kid is ready to rewrite the KC record book.

Hill stayed in Kansas City over the offseason—training daily with the other receivers who also stayed in town. His focus was on improving his footwork, route-running and knowledge of the playbook.

“I don’t want to just be this fast guy on the field,” Hill explained of his decision to stay in Kansas City over the offseason. “I’ve just been here grinding.”

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amen Gil.

I love the fact that this kid is making good on his second chance.

Reid and Co should be praised for taking a chance, but Hill is proving that he deserved it.

I love his toughness too.

w

It's nice he's a good player, but he's still a shitty ass dude and not beating a pregnant woman for awhile doesn't really display remorse.

Yup.  I agree with you, BUT, I know I did A LOT of stupid stuff in my 20's that i wouldn't think about doing now.  I tell my children this every day, it's not the mistakes you make in your life that define who you are, it's what you learn from them.  So far, it appears he has learned from them.  Let's hope and pray he has.  

He looks to be a total pro so far. I don't really care why she called the police on him or why he called the police on her. Both happened and I don't know the full story behind either event.

Bottom line is he broke the law and he paid the price. His debt is paid in full. That's how our country works.

He looks to be a total pro so far. I don't really care why she called the police on him or why he called the police on her. Both happened and I don't know the full story behind either event.

Bottom line is he broke the law and he paid the price. His debt is paid in full. That's how our country works.

This

Do you think he might be a candidate for the sophomore slump?

He'll be a better player at his position, but the lack of a veteran receiver to keep his coverage honest almost ensures a regression to the mean statistically. I picked him up as a free agent in Fantasy Football last year, but I'm not chasing him this year.

He'll be a better player at his position, but the lack of a veteran receiver to keep his coverage honest almost ensures a regression to the mean statistically. I picked him up as a free agent in Fantasy Football last year, but I'm not chasing him this year.

Agree again. He will flourish as a returner again. He could get ton of targets leading to big numbers though..

Alex has the capability to launch the ball when need be, and he has nothing to lose this year so why not ! He shall ask.. if he didn't already :) ;)

m1nxd4dxd6ay.gif

Key word in chiefmanZada's post: capability. Smith didn't see it, but could have hit that if he did (but so could every other QB in the league on that one). That makes it more frustrating, because it isn't as if I would say that it was irrelevant because he couldn't do it anyway. He could have but he didn't see it. Argh!

Key word in chiefmanZada's post: capability. Smith didn't see it, but could have hit that if he did (but so could every other QB in the league on that one). That makes it more frustrating, because it isn't as if I would say that it was irrelevant because he couldn't do it anyway. He could have but he didn't see it. Argh!

Smith has said about that play that Hill wasn't in the progression. The play didn't develop the way Smith anticipated, and one of the Steelers' pass rushers got a free lane toward Smith, leading him to bail the pocket for time. This play constantly gets referenced as an example of why Smith isn't a good quarterback, but it's based on a completely false assumption that shows a lack of fundamental knowledge about quarterbacking.

Smith has said about that play that Hill wasn't in the progression. The play didn't develop the way Smith anticipated, and one of the Steelers' pass rushers got a free lane toward Smith, leading him to bail the pocket for time. This play constantly gets referenced as an example of why Smith isn't a good quarterback, but it's based on a completely false assumption that shows a lack of fundamental knowledge about quarterbacking.

so your saying he cant improvise..he's a robot and if its not in the plan he cant do it.. yea thats not the QB that makes the HOF nor wins Super Bowls much less gets to one.

Archived