I hope Alex can get the ball to him

No, stop being ignorant.

I'm not sticking to my opinion for lack of information. You're the one completely disregarding the official record of fact. Now if you're going to claim that Smith's argument is not credible, we have something to talk about, and it goes about this far: Thank you for expressing yourself, but I'm going with the expert opinion here until another expert speaks to the contrary.

Your argument is worthless. If Smith did what you suggested, he'd get stuck staring down receivers as an alternative to reading the progressions when and where he is supposed to, and then when disguised coverages results in a receiver being 'unexpectedly' blanketed, the play becomes inviable. Meanwhile, by play design, one or more other receivers have come open, and all of the Smith detractors jump out of their seats crying bloody murder because Smith isn't seeing the players when they become open according to their progressions.

Quarterbacks need to be able to trust their offensive coordinators. I'm sure there was a discussion among the coaches about that play. But the bottom line has to be this: Did the quarterback execute the play correctly? The answer according to Smith is, "Yes".

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You couldn't be more incorrect. Alex lied and the entire staff disagrees with his and your assessment, and spent a lot of capital to make sure he's gone soon.

Former QB's don't see it, former coaches don't see it, analysts don't see it. Just you and tiny hands.

Alex Smith sucks.

You couldn't be more incorrect. Alex lied and the entire staff disagrees with his and your assessment, and spent a lot of capital to make sure he's gone soon.

Former QB's don't see it, former coaches don't see it, analysts don't see it. Just you and tiny hands.

Alex Smith sucks.

He thinks too much. He needs to feel and be carefree. Just let go and play the ball. He'll do it this year..We hope

Yup.  I agree with you, BUT, I know I did A LOT of stupid stuff in my 20's that i wouldn't think about doing now.  I tell my children this every day, it's not the mistakes you make in your life that define who you are, it's what you learn from them.  So far, it appears he has learned from them.  Let's hope and pray he has.  

OJ?? Is that you?

I know you don't like Smith and that's your right but at least get your facts right. Trading a first round pick to another team for their first round pick in the same draft is not the samething as giving up a first round pick. So technically the Chiefs gave up next years first round pick which means they gave up 1 first round pick.

I know you Smith haters like to say it was 2 pucks to make it sound so much more dramatic and so much more important then it really is but it's really minor.

Since Andy has been here the Chiefs have been picking in the 20s they are also having several draft picks. Do you really believe that they can't package some lower picks to get back into the forst round next year if they really want to?

Smith is good enough to get the Chiefs to a SB, will he is the question? Preparing your team by making a bold pickup is a way to help.

Saying the Chiefs "spent" 2 first round picks on Mahomes is correct. If they hadn't traded and he fell to them where they were and they drafted him they would have "spent" their 1st round pick on him. The terminology is right. What would be incorrect is if someone were to say we "traded away" 2 first round picks. We received compensation in the form of a top ten pick so we didn't trade away anything. Now whether or not a person thinks Mahomes is worth that is another thing. He is not...currently he is not,. But he can change that by becoming the next Brett Favre (minus a few interceptions...lol). 

No, stop being ignorant. Alex Smith should of absolutely noticed a very favorable mismatch from the pre-snap read.

Only a total dipshit couldn't recognize that was single coverage at best which is gonna be beat 90% of the time.

Alex Smith sucks

Yep.  It was similar to the pre-snap read he made against SD when they were showing blitz and he saw Wilson single covered.  He saw it then.  Audibled and Wilson goes 40 for a TD. 

He should have saw it with Hill.  Moot point now, I guess.

Yep.  It was similar to the pre-snap read he made against SD when they were showing blitz and he saw Wilson single covered.  He saw it then.  Audibled and Wilson goes 40 for a TD. 

He should have saw it with Hill.  Moot point now, I guess.

Yes, that moot point though underlines why they went after Mahomes aggressively.

I'm personally in the camp of if Patrick makes enough strides in August, I'd make it his team.

People keep saying this. Why?

I think it is because people think of him as a little guy like DAT or McCluster. But Hill is 5'10", which is pretty legit for a starting WR.

Steve Smith is 5'9". Antonio Brown is 5'10". Julian Edelman is 5'10". TY Hilton is 5'9". 3 of the top 5 WRs from last year are under 6'.

I don't think height is a problem for Hill. Plus he tracks the ball in the air really well. To me, it is all about keeping his head on straight and then the sky is the limit.

I think it is because people think of him as a little guy like DAT or McCluster. But Hill is 5'10", which is pretty legit for a starting WR.

Steve Smith is 5'9". Antonio Brown is 5'10". Julian Edelman is 5'10". TY Hilton is 5'9". 3 of the top 5 WRs from last year are under 6'.

I don't think height is a problem for Hill. Plus he tracks the ball in the air really well. To me, it is all about keeping his head on straight and then the sky is the limit.

He was on the field full time last year once he got going. This notion is silly. Dude is one the most yoked up dudes on the team. Silly...

Everyone makes mistakes where some are granted a second chance. He made the most of his which says a lot about character

This Chiefs regime has given a lot of second chances that have paid off, like Marcus Peters.  These are just kids, folks.  Don't forget that. Their personalities and behaviors are not fully formed.   They are all hard headed and full of adrenalin and testosterone and act out without much thought.

This regime is right.  What will be wrong will be our reactions is when one of these second chances fails.  Then everyone will be hurling bad shit toward the Chiefs' decision.  We played the squeaky clean card when drafting in the past, and all we got was mediocrity.

This Chiefs regime has given a lot of second chances that have paid off, like Marcus Peters.  These are just kids, folks.  Don't forget that. Their personalities and behaviors are not fully formed.   They are all hard headed and full of adrenalin and testosterone and act out without much thought.

This regime is right.  What will be wrong will be our reactions is when one of these second chances fails.  Then everyone will be hurling bad shit toward the Chiefs' decision.  We played the squeaky clean card when drafting in the past, and all we got was mediocrity.

You mean "We might might not have the best 53 but we have the RIGHT 53"- Scott Pioli

Archived