Chiefs OLB Tamba Hali expressed frustration with his 2016 role.

Hali posted a bunch of grievances in a Saturday tweetstorm. He called out the coaching staff for his late season workload, and is still disgruntled over his playing time in Kansas City's Divisional Round loss to the Steelers. Hali was productive despite starting just two games last year, ranking as a top-15 outside linebacker at PFF. With Dee Ford on the rise, there's unlikely to be a major snaps increase in his age-33 season.

What a jack-ass. He gets a great deal at the tail end of his career and then complains. Not back then....but heading into a new season...no respect...how ungrateful

Hali posted a bunch of grievances in a Saturday tweetstorm. He called out the coaching staff for his late season workload, and is still disgruntled over his playing time in Kansas City's Divisional Round loss to the Steelers. Hali was productive despite starting just two games last year, ranking as a top-15 outside linebacker at PFF. With Dee Ford on the rise, there's unlikely to be a major snaps increase in his age-33 season.

What a jack-ass. He gets a great deal at the tail end of his career and then complains. Not back then....but heading into a new season...no respect...how ungrateful

Almost sounds like A. Wants to hold out of camp. B. Wants to be traded to another team.

I agree if he was disgruntled due to his playing time in the playoffs, then why wait 6 months to say something.

I'm going to 1/2 way agree with you. One would think with his ailing knees and age he would welcome the rests. It is probably a major contributor to his success. Lord knows if he were an every down player he would of run out of Gas or his knees would of given up on him.

& OBTW FUCK PFF

I think much of this is his displeasure with Dorsey getting the boot. He got a great deal but that IMHO is one of the things that got Dorsey fired..in any other situation I'd say let him go but things are not good in the locker room so we need veteran leadership. if he continues his bad attitude.  He'd be out the door if I called the shots. No one would give anything for him in a Trade

I love Tamba he's a ring of honor kinda guy but this off season has been terrible for the organization..dont need him stirring up crap  just before training camp

I can see him wanting to play more. I would say letting him sit out practice and play part time is a good thing to do for a player, but I can see how a worker like Hali might hate it.

What the hell, practice him more and play him more. It's his knees.

Not at first glance. I think he will not finish the season, but even as slowed down as he is, he is much better than Ford. If the man thinks he can make it all season and will go from leader to cancer if you hold him back, then yes, it is best for the Chiefs to let him start. Until someone better shows up.

“I’m not going to shy from it — I think it’s important, especially if you’re on our team and you’re one of our leaders — that you should be always there,” Hali said on the Arrowheads Abroad Podcast, which posted Saturday. “I don’t want to say names, but I’ve been there for 12th year, and I haven’t missed one offseason with the Chiefs.

“Whoever is on our team and is expected to be a leader, we need those guys there. Because the younger guys come in and see these guys like, ‘I want to be like him — he’s makes a lot of money and he’s here, he’s working.’ It builds such chemistry for our team. I’ve tried not to talk on it, but it really hurts my feelings because I know how much I love the game and I want those guys to be there so we can all get on the same page and make this run.”

Wow, what a stud. This is why I love this guy.

Almost sounds like A. Wants to hold out of camp. B. Wants to be traded to another team.

I agree if he was disgruntled due to his playing time in the playoffs, then why wait 6 months to say something.

The timing is odd and it makes me wonder if they didn't come to him wanting to take a pay cut. Something sparked it.

I don't like the way he went about it but I can't say I disagree with much of what he said either.

I don't like the way he went about it but I can't say I disagree with much of what he said either.

The problem lies with ego or whatever you want to call it. Players who are hurt but still insist on playing have hurt teams in the past. We have all heard the athlete who had said they are good to play but we find out after the fact that they were hurt and shouldn't have played. Tamba is a player who would play or at least try to play hurt or not. Personally, I believe he was not as healthy as he says or they would have played him. I mean really what does the team gain by not playing a healthy Tamba?

Tamba, we love you.  You have been and continue to be a GREAT Chief.

Now, that said, go do something on the field to earn playing time this season.

Dominate the pass rush.

Stop the run

Make Dee Ford look like he could not hold your jock.

Of course, if you want what is best for the team, you agree that the best players deserve the PT.

w

I think that's unfair to Tamba. Even on a limited snap count, he was still in the top 5 for pressures.

I understand his frustration and agree with him mostly. His Joepa take was god awful bad though.....

Ultimately it's on him. He signed the deal that basically locks him in here for ine more year. Tough shit, Tamba.

The fact he had 7 snaps total vs the Steelers was absurdly stupid. He's about done and they should be using the piss out of him.

I think that's unfair to Tamba. Even on a limited snap count, he was still in the top 5 for pressures.

I understand his frustration and agree with him mostly. His Joepa take was god awful bad though.....

Ultimately it's on him. He signed the deal that basically locks him in here for ine more year. Tough shit, Tamba.

The fact he had 7 snaps total vs the Steelers was absurdly stupid. He's about done and they should be using the piss out of him.

I am not a big Robinson fan. Based on the score I would think Tamba on the sidelines did not hurt. 

Tamba, we love you.  You have been and continue to be a GREAT Chief.

Now, that said, go do something on the field to earn playing time this season.

Dominate the pass rush.

Stop the run

Make Dee Ford look like he could not hold your jock.

Of course, if you want what is best for the team, you agree that the best players deserve the PT.

w

I think Tamba will go into the CHOF at Arrowhead.

“I’m not going to shy from it — I think it’s important, especially if you’re on our team and you’re one of our leaders — that you should be always there,” Hali said on the Arrowheads Abroad Podcast, which posted Saturday. “I don’t want to say names, but I’ve been there for 12th year, and I haven’t missed one offseason with the Chiefs.

“Whoever is on our team and is expected to be a leader, we need those guys there. Because the younger guys come in and see these guys like, ‘I want to be like him — he’s makes a lot of money and he’s here, he’s working.’ It builds such chemistry for our team. I’ve tried not to talk on it, but it really hurts my feelings because I know how much I love the game and I want those guys to be there so we can all get on the same page and make this run.”

Wow, what a stud. This is why I love this guy.

Nothing wrong with this statement

One note.

My opinion on Mahomes is that Andy Reid will do his utmost to get Mahomes to "play within the scheme and not fling the ball all over the place".

Should be fun to watch how that battle goes as well.  Mahomes will need to show discipline if he is to be the #2.

He has more talent than the rest of the QB's put together.

w

One note.

My opinion on Mahomes is that Andy Reid will do his utmost to get Mahomes to "play within the scheme and not fling the ball all over the place".

Should be fun to watch how that battle goes as well.  Mahomes will need to show discipline if he is to be the #2.

He has more talent than the rest of the QB's put together.

w

Good point. I hope he stays within Andy's scheme but I think with his talent hopefully that scheme will expand from dink and dunk and optimizes his talent. If all he does is throw slants and WR screens, why move up in the first to get him. Thus, fling it. Open the whole damn thing up.

Lot's of "flingers" have failed in the NFL.

The difference between franchise QB's and flingers is great talent ( physically and mentally) married to  a great system.

w

OK----flings to his receivers with accuracy and a High TD to INT ratio while trying to win and leading his team to a Super Bowl while he is married to a great system.

Archived