Wow....nothing posted about Tamba today?

You don't pay a man $8.5 million to be a backup. Start the man. If he can't take the load, put Kpass over there.

I agree with West that we need help stopping the run. Bennie Logan helps, but a healthy Hali and Houston would make a big difference.

Back to Kpass, he is described as a developmental DE, but could be a starting pass rusher. At the Combine he weighed in at 289 and ran a 4.8 40. Right now he is listed at 280 on the Chiefs web site. There have been articles that he was headed to 300, but if he really has lost 9 pounds, I would how fast he is now. That is still a very big man coming at a QB at a very fast clip small school or not. I can't wait for preseason.

Not disagreeing, but who knows. We didn't expect Allen a small school pass rusher would do what he did. A guy can dream. What I like about the bigger pass rushers is that they don't get blown up on running plays like Ford does.

This is Tamba's last season, and I think he knows it. Thats why the tweets..

he isnt trying to be a jerk. he's not trying to be controversial. 

He is just getting it off his chest so, he can go play football..

Tanoh is super raw from a technique standpoint, so I wouldn't anticipate much from him early on.

Wasn't that said about Cris Jones at this time last year?  Some players have talent that overcomes inexperience and some are quick learners.  The Chiefs can't count on KPass, but he could contribute in some situations.

Pass rushers usually have it right off the bat or they don't turn into much. You have guys with a fluke season here and there, but looking at the top pass rushers in the game, they didn't learn how to do it once they got to the NFL. They got better at at, but if a guy doesn't do much his rookie year (given that he gets a chance to play), he probably won't be a dominate guy.

Exceptions, I know. JJ Watt started all 16 games and only got 5.5. But he got 20.5 year 2. I would give Kpass some snaps out there just to see even if they are convinced he will be a DE.

Wasn't that said about Cris Jones at this time last year?  Some players have talent that overcomes inexperience and some are quick learners.  The Chiefs can't count on KPass, but he could contribute in some situations.

Not at all. Chris Jones had a lot of ability, but was known to of taken plays off.

"Hali says he’s known all along this offseason that he would begin training camp on the PUP list, a move worked out with the team’s trainer, Rick Burkholder.

“Rick (Burkholder) and I have been on the same page. We talked. We basically said, ‘We are going to do the same thing we did last year, which will start you on PUP and then, maybe, two or three weeks in to camp you will be able to come out and start getting ready for the first game.’”

Fortunately for the Chiefs, Hali is already coming into this season feeling “much healthier” than he did at this point in 2016.

I think I am way ahead of the ballgame. Last year, around this time, I could barely run. It took a while for me to regain my strength. As far as where I am today, I can run. I can do the things that I was doing before the year. I feel much healthier.

Hali has played in 178 games for the Chiefs in his 11-year career."

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/07/29/tamba-hali-start-training-camp-pup-list-chiefs/

So he could barely run at camp and didn't practice all year. Why is he pissed about not starting? He is a work horse who is a great example for the young guys, but he only has so many snaps left in him. I hope he gets all he wants this year, but the Chiefs have to develop young every down players if they can.

Still shaking my head at a life time Chief beloved by all coming out with this crap at this time.

He is right about Berry and Houston. They should show up and set an example. God knows we paid for that. Made them both the highest paid players at their positions. They need to be leaders. I hope getting rid of Dorsey makes them comfortable being what we all need them to be.

I don't have a problem with it. Hali has been a leader. He knows he's about done and this is probably his last go. He wants the other so-called "leaders" on the team to show the same passion he and DJ have all these years. He's trying to make a point to those guys. Kudos to him for it, in all honesty. 

you can be pissed at tamba all you want..  its in his mind his last season, and he wants to make an impact.. he is not hurt.. there just saving him ... but if ford aint doing well and tamba aint playing i got some questions

Archived