Season predictions

liquidfriend

NFC

NFC North

1. Green Bay Packers

2. Detroit Lions

3. Minnesota Vikings

4. Chicago Bears

As long as Aaron is effective, the Packers will stay at the top.  I like the Lions Offense, but I don't think the Defense has the killer instinct they need to have and I believe that the coordinator is somewhat overrated.

The Vikings will sputter once Bradford is injured, Teddy is on PUP and they are forced to play Case Keenum.  The Bears are a shitty ass team and Fox is gonna get fired.

NFC South

1. Atlanta Falcons

2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

3. Carolina Panthers

4. New Orleans Saints

This division is very stacked and I can see the difference between first and 4th place being 3 games or less.

I think the Bucs are on the rise, but the Falcons are still a loaded roster and hold the edge.  I see the Panthers having a bounce back with better protection for Cam, a new talented weapon for him and getting Kuechly back.  I don't think the longterm for them looks promising though with the firing of Gettleman.

The Saints are a better squad, but so is everyone else.  I don't think they got better enough.

NFC East

1. Philadelphia Eagles

2. Dallas Cowboys

3. New York Giants

4. Washington Redskins

I see the Eagles being the big surprise team this year.  They were headed that way last year, but losing the RT for 10 weeks and the lack of weapons for Wentz definitely exposed the rookie.  Having Lane Johnson back and much better weapons for Wentz will get them back on track.  So far Pederson has shown that Andy Reid was the conservative one, as he's been anything but conservative. 

I don't think the Cowboys really got much better on Defense, the Offensive Line got worse and I think the distractions of EE will be in play.

See the Giants just kinda being there but I don't expect anything great.  Eli Manning is getting stale in NY.

I really liked the Redskins draft (very surprising), but I don't see the team as anything but a dysfunctional clusterfuck.  They should have signed Cousins 2 years ago and now he's going to do anything he can to leave in the spring.

NFC West

1. Seattle Seahawks

2. Arizona Cardinals

3. LA Rams

4. San Francisco 49ers

The Seahawks have the best roster, best coaching and best QB.  Arians is a good coach, but the roster isn't as good and Palmer is old.

The Rams will be a major mess all year, but they still have enough talent in place to be better than SF.  Baalke left that roster in awful shape and it's going to take years to fix it.

AFC

AFC North

1. Pittsburgh Steelers

2. Baltimore Ravens

3. Cleveland Browns

4. Cincinnati Bengals

The Steelers have the best roster in the North, but this is their last shot.  I believe Ben retires at the end of 2017.

The Ravens are a mixed bag in general and will be okay.  The Browns will be a better squad, I believe and the Bengals are going to massively regret not doing a better job on investing in that Offensive Line. 

Losing Zeitler to a divisional rival was huge and losing the one good tackle they had was the finishing punch.  The young tackles suck and Andy Dalton is going to get punished all year.  Mike Brown is a fucking moron.

AFC South

1. Tennessee Titans

2. Houston Texans

3. Indianapolis Colts

4. Jacksonville Jaguars

The Titans have the best lines and best rushing attack in the division.  They did a good job addressing lack of targets for Mariota and lack of quality secondary.  I laughed about hiring Mularkey, but all hail the exotic smashmouth?

The Texans are probably gonna get antsy and name Watson the starter and he's gonna struggle.  The talent around him should keep the team in contention for playoffs, at least.

This will be the year Jacksonville gives up on Blake "shit" Bortles and that's before mentioning their moves were somewhat odd.  I think the Chiefs have a real shot at possibly baiting the Jaguars into trading for Alex.

AFC East

1. New England Patriots

2. Miami Dolphins

3. Buffalo Bills

4. New York Jets

The Patriots are going to keep on rolling.

Dolphins will look better on paper, but it may not translate to the field.

The Bills will struggle with having a leaky D.

The Jets are going to be the shittiest team in the NFL this year.

AFC West

1. Oakland Raiders

2. Kansas City Chiefs

3. Denver Broncos

4. San Diego Chargers

The Raiders will have Carr back and an even more loaded roster and had an addition by subtraction when they tossed Musgrave.  I don't think Marshawn will add much, but the rookie rapeman and the new S are good additions.  This team is built to win, but I question if they are built to win in January. 

The Chiefs have a stacked roster, but I am quite wary of distractions.  I think the question going into 2018 will be should they of sat Mahomes.

John Elway hasn't done enough to patch the holes and losing Kubes+Phillips will expose the holes.

San Diego will rack up a ton of injuries and Rivers will say fuck it, not worth commuting to LA anymore and retire.

Playoffs

AFC

1. New England Patriots

2. Tennessee Titans

3. Oakland Raiders

4. Pittsburgh Steelers

5. Kansas City Chiefs

6. Houston Texans

NFC

1. Seattle Seahawks

2. Green Bay Packers

3. Atlanta Falcons

4. Philadelphia Eagles

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

6. Dallas Cowboys

WildCard

Raiders over Texans

Steelers over Chiefs

Falcons over Cowboys

Eagles over Buccaneers

Divisional

Patriots over Steelers

Titans over Raiders

Eagles over Seahawks

Packers over Falcons

Championship

Patriots over Titans

Packers over Eagles

Super Bowl

Packers 35, Patriots 31

Draft positioning:

1. Jets

2. Bears

3. 49ers

4. Jaguars

5. Bengals

6. LA Rams

7. Browns

8. Redskins

9. Chargers

10. Vikings

11. Broncos

12. Bills

13. Colts

14. Giants

15. Saints

16. Panthers

17. Cardinals

18. Dolphins

19. Lions

20. Ravens

21. Browns (/fHOU)

22. Cowboys

23. Buccaneers

24. Bills (f/KC)

25. Steelers

26. Raiders

27. Falcons

28. Seahawks

29. Eagles

30. Titans

31. Patriots

32. Packers

Good. Giants loaded up on offense. I'll take the gmen.

Other than that for now I agree. Afc south is a crap shoot

I think the AFC South is pretty easy to read, right now at least.

Bortles is god awful and Chiefs fans especially know that if you don't have a QB, you ain't got shit.  Take them out of the equation for the playoffs now.

Ballard will need a little time to overhaul the team and probably the luxury of hiring his own Head Coach to get things where they need to be.  I think it's still a toss up on Luck being ready Week 1.

The Texans are minus a few starters on Defense (a downgrade) and will have a new Coordinator so yeah.  On the plus side, Watt will be back and mask a lot of issues.  Still uncertainty on Offense.

The Titans have the best lines, good coaching and a strong rushing attack.  If Mariota can elevate his play, the Titans could become an AFC at large threat.

As for the Giants, I'm wary of Eli being able to continue playing up to his dopy expectations.  Defense there isn't good enough to carry them far in that tough division.  If there was something to be critical about my choices for the NFC East, I would of actually picked Washington.  Kirk (Kurt? fuck, idk) has about 60 million gtd. reasons to play lights out and they did have a pretty damn good draft.

I think the AFC South is pretty easy to read, right now at least.

Bortles is god awful and Chiefs fans especially know that if you don't have a QB, you ain't got shit. Take them out of the equation for the playoffs now.

Ballard will need a little time to overhaul the team and probably the luxury of hiring his own Head Coach to get things where they need to be. I think it's still a toss up on Luck being ready Week 1.

The Texans are minus a few starters on Defense (a downgrade) and will have a new Coordinator so yeah. On the plus side, Watt will be back and mask a lot of issues. Still uncertainty on Offense.

The Titans have the best lines, good coaching and a strong rushing attack. If Mariota can elevate his play, the Titans could become an AFC at large threat.

As for the Giants, I'm wary of Eli being able to continue playing up to his dopy expectations. Defense there isn't good enough to carry them far in that tough division. If there was something to be critical about my choices for the NFC East, I would of actually picked Washington. Kirk (Kurt? fuck, idk) has about 60 million gtd. reasons to play lights out and they did have a pretty damn good draft.

I think the giants had the number 2 scoring defense in the NFC or NFL last year.

I love the weapons Eli has to work with.

Let the games begin.

Titans will be tough. I'll take a healthy luck. If he's healthy of course.

• 3 weeks later...

The raiders are extremely good. Don't let hate cloud judgement. They are as good as any team in the league.

You might want to watch them play. Khalil Mack is still good, but the secondary is still bad and I don't think they are any better on Defense. At least as of right now.

It's not a homer view. They still are about the same as they were a year ago and went 0-2 against KC.

They won games last season with luck that KC wishes it had, and the Chiefs had insane luck last year.

Firings:

Todd Bowles - He would be wise to already have his bags packed.

John Fox - One of the most overrated Head Coaches.

Marvin Lewis - Anything short of a playoff loss will make him a FA. There are no January hopes in Cincinnati.

Jay Gruden - The inmates run the asylum in DC again and Gruden will fall in the swors when they bottom out.

Chuck Pagano - It will be unfair when a scrub costs him his job, but he's just not a good coach.

Sean Payton - The Saints will decline the Brees option and will trade off Payton.

John Harbaugh - Too many years of missed playoffs. I think it's mostly Ozzie's fault though.

Bruce Arians - Health issues and a total rebuild looming will draw him into retirement.

Bill O'Brien - mutual agreement to part

Match maker:

Colts - Jim Harbaugh

I think Jim will be looking to leave Ann Arbor when he fails to topple Urban Meyer once again. He will take a nice check for the opportunity to coach Luck again.

Jets - Marvin Lewis

The Jets are a dysfunctional mess and have no direction. Lewis is a veteran that has dealt with a bare team and no sense of direction before. Look for the Jets to take him in and give them an identity. Mediocre is a step up here.

Redskins - John Harbaugh

The Redskins won't be able to be picky and will choose the best from team retread.

Ravens - Bill O'Brien

The Ravens are a veteran team that needs a fresh perspective. BoB will be bolting Houston as he does not want Watson.

Cardinals - Sean Payton

Arizona has had success with Vet QB's on their last leg. I think a Payton+Brees reunion in the desert makes sense.

Bengals - Jay Gruden

Mike Brown will start to panic that Andy Dalton is broken and will bring back the guy that got him on track in the first place.

Bears - Jon Gruden

A lot of talk that he wants back in and I think a QB like Trubisky gives him a lot of flashbacks to Rich Gannon. Gruden will be able to choose his GM here and have a loyal owner.

Texans - Josh McDaniels

The Texans will swap out a Patriot crony for another.

Saints - Todd Haley

I don't see the Saints veering from wanting to be explosive on Offense, but will want to do it in a different way.

Look for Todd Haley to snag the first gig he gets when Ben retires at the end of the year. In NO he will get the chance he never got in KC, his own choice at QB.

You might want to watch them play. Khalil Mack is still good, but the secondary is still bad and I don't think they are any better on Defense. At least as of right now.

It's not a homer view. They still are about the same as they were a year ago and went 0-2 against KC.

They won games last season with luck that KC wishes it had, and the Chiefs had insane luck last year.

I live here. I watch them play every game.

They us we are substantially the same teams as last year. The difference is the Raiders did not lose the defensive studs we did. They down graded at RB and we upgraded. They are a pushe at QB and we substantially upgraded.

They are a talented team. But so are we. Somehow, even after sweeping them and them not even making a wild card, we think they are better. And they may be, but show me.

Redskins - John Harbaugh

The Redskins won't be able to be picky and will choose the best from team retread.

Ravens - Bill O'Brien

The Ravens are a veteran team that needs a fresh perspective. BoB will be bolting Houston as he does not want Watson.

Being as Harbs just got an extension, i see this a moot....

Some notes I had:

-OC and I debated this a lot and looks like I am right, so far at least. The Colts are a garbage team and Chuck Pagano is a HC that wants to get fired.

The smart thing by now would be to place Luck on IR and ride this storm out. Ballard would be better off landing a high slot that he can flip for a trade haul and gut that roster.

The OLine sucks, Frank Gore is old and the D is junk. I'd junk nearly the entire squad.

-Oddly enough, letting your best linemen walk is usually not smart. Ask Andy Dalton how that works.

He was afraid Sunday and this team has given up on Marvin Lewis and I don't blame him. Punting in the 4th quarter, down 3 scores and beyond the 50 is a coward move and he did it.

I think Marvin looks defeated and will quit coaching. His replacement? I think they are hoping for either Zimmer, Hue Jackson or Jay Gruden to be available. Jay Gruden firing probability is high.

-I take back what I said in the offseason about Rivers. I think he's about cooked and the Chargers are a very poorly coached squad. So stupid to pass on hiring Dave Toub.

-Belichick will get the team back on track starting this week. Lots of major concerns as a playoff squad though...might adjust predictions.

-This looks like the Steelers year. Watt abused a future HoF LT and Antonio Brown is unstoppable. This is Rapemans last year and Bell's final with the team.

This team has nothing to lose. Dangerous situation.

Watt was my favorite choice if the Chiefs passed on a QB. Watt+Houston duo would of led them to a Super Bowl berth.

-Jets are well on track for the top pick.

-Sean Payton may want to start packing up all his pills.

-Rams could be the big surprise this year. Good for them.

-Seahawks O-Line so bad that I thought they were running screens at times they weren't. Holy shit.

-Packers at Falcons is a huge game and will determine the king of the NFC.

Some notes I had:

-OC and I debated this a lot and looks like I am right, so far at least. The Colts are a garbage team and Chuck Pagano is a HC that wants to get fired.

The smart thing by now would be to place Luck on IR and ride this storm out. Ballard would be better off landing a high slot that he can flip for a trade haul and gut that roster.

The OLine sucks, Frank Gore is old and the D is junk. I'd junk nearly the entire squad.

-Oddly enough, letting your best linemen walk is usually not smart. Ask Andy Dalton how that works.

He was afraid Sunday and this team has given up on Marvin Lewis and I don't blame him. Punting in the 4th quarter, down 3 scores and beyond the 50 is a coward move and he did it.

I think Marvin looks defeated and will quit coaching. His replacement? I think they are hoping for either Zimmer, Hue Jackson or Jay Gruden to be available. Jay Gruden firing probability is high.

-I take back what I said in the offseason about Rivers. I think he's about cooked and the Chargers are a very poorly coached squad. So stupid to pass on hiring Dave Toub.

-Belichick will get the team back on track starting this week. Lots of major concerns as a playoff squad though...might adjust predictions.

-This looks like the Steelers year. Watt abused a future HoF LT and Antonio Brown is unstoppable. This is Rapemans last year and Bell's final with the team.

This team has nothing to lose. Dangerous situation.

Watt was my favorite choice if the Chiefs passed on a QB. Watt+Houston duo would of led them to a Super Bowl berth.

-Jets are well on track for the top pick.

-Sean Payton may want to start packing up all his pills.

-Rams could be the big surprise this year. Good for them.

-Seahawks O-Line so bad that I thought they were running screens at times they weren't. Holy shit.

-Packers at Falcons is a huge game and will determine the king of the NFC.

Great post. I spit my water out reading the Seahawks part!! Lol

Archived