Mahomes vs Tyler Bray

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's interesting that people just write AA in as starter yet Prescott started as a rookie, Dallas went 13-3 and he had a better season than AA ever has. May the best man start. This isn't the government, shouldn't be about seniority but talent.

Colin Kaepernick had a good first season as a starter, too. He went 7-2 before looking like a chump in the Super Bowl, and in every game to date when playing against a quality defense.

Dak Prescott has 17 starts to his name. He hasn't earned the right to be a comparison for anyone.

Colin Kaepernick had a good first season as a starter, too. He went 7-2 before looking like a chump in the Super Bowl, and in every game to date when playing against a quality defense.

Dak Prescott has 17 starts to his name. He hasn't earned the right to be a comparison for anyone.

*yawn*

That's right...solid all around 3rd stringer. Not good enough to start not reliable enough to backup but the kid has an arm and thats all you need from a 3rd string

You need someone that can keep the Offense moving, which I'm not confident that Bray can do when not facing guys that will he street FAs in a month.

I actually agree with this. Dak wasnt exactly setting the league on fire. People look at the overall record and assume Dak was killing it but plenty of dallas fans still want romo back. Dallas leaned on their stud running back and oline with lots of dink and dunking by prescott.

Yeah Dak had the best line in the league and an MVP type RB. Dak is more of an Alex Smith than Pat Mahomes.

You start a rookie it usually looks like Wentz. They are more polished than Mahomes. I just think starting Mahomes sends a message that you have given up on thus year.

Yeah Dak had the best line in the league and an MVP type RB. Dak is more of an Alex Smith than Pat Mahomes.

You start a rookie it usually looks like Wentz. They are more polished than Mahomes. I just think starting Mahomes sends a message that you have given up on thus year.

I don't know. I think andy can program his offense around anybody. I just feel it's better for Mahomies' development to sit amd learn.

I actually agree with this. Dak wasnt exactly setting the league on fire. People look at the overall record and assume Dak was killing it but plenty of dallas fans still want romo back. Dallas leaned on their stud running back and oline with lots of dink and dunking by prescott.

67.8% completion rate and a 24/4 TD:INT ratio is sensational, especially for a rookie. 

That type of stat line is fought to the death as good when Alex posts it, while when Dak posts it...it's everyones credit except for his.

It's a whiff when a 5th round QB doesn't become a #2? I don't think most 5th round QBs are expected to be much. I believe they are both still in the league which probably exceeds expectations.

Murray is out of the league. Broadcaster.

I strongly believe that the Chiefs front office will be signing an experienced #2 QB prior to the regular season.  There is too much invested in this team for 2017 to risk losing a playoff spot because of having to play a rookie if Smith twists an ankle.  Think about it.  At cut-down time, there will be a #2 available, maybe someone we have used in the past, like Matt Cassell who knows the system.  Or maybe someone will come out of retirement, like MIchael Vick.  I think he has been learning the system at our camp and was probably invited by Reid for that very reason.  But we are NOT going to go with Bray as #2, and we are NOT going to risk the development and confidence of Mahomes.  And it is very likely that Alex will hurt himself this year at aome point, even if it is for a part of a game or a couple of games.

All this talk of Bray vs. Mahomes as #2 is wasted talk.  Neither will be #2.

I strongly believe that the Chiefs front office will be signing an experienced #2 QB prior to the regular season.  There is too much invested in this team for 2017 to risk losing a playoff spot because of having to play a rookie if Smith twists an ankle.  Think about it.  At cut-down time, there will be a #2 available, maybe someone we have used in the past, like Matt Cassell who knows the system.  Or maybe someone will come out of retirement, like MIchael Vick.  I think he has been learning the system at our camp and was probably invited by Reid for that very reason.  But we are NOT going to go with Bray as #2, and we are NOT going to risk the development and confidence of Mahomes.  And it is very likely that Alex will hurt himself this year at aome point, even if it is for a part of a game or a couple of games.

All this talk of Bray vs. Mahomes as #2 is wasted talk.  Neither will be #2.

If Mahomes isn't #2, then draft day was an epic failure.

If Mahomes isn't #2, then draft day was an epic failure.

False.  Mahomes will be #1 after one more training camp.  We need an experienced guy for 2017.  Too much invested.  We don't need anyone other than someone to run the plays.  The stellar defense will keep us close enough to win every time.

I am no expert.  I could easily be wrong.  But I am pretty decent when it comes to logic.

False.  Mahomes will be #1 after one more training camp.  We need an experienced guy for 2017.  Too much invested.  We don't need anyone other than someone to run the plays.  The stellar defense will keep us close enough to win every time.

I am no expert.  I could easily be wrong.  But I am pretty decent when it comes to logic.

After moving up 17 spots to the top 10 in the 1st round, Mahomes should be vying for a starting spot not standing on the sidelines with a clipboard while we bring in a retread at #2. QBs drafted in the top third start....often.

I see your logic, but if it is me, Mahomes is the #2 on the sidelines getting the feel of the game. I would even have him call the plays in. If Smith gets hurt, the season is over with any other QB that is available. I would roll with Mahomes.

I guess we'll see.  but Andy Reid can point out a dozen first round QB picks who were allowed to play their first year, made mistakes, lost confidence, and never became would they could have been.  Many merely ended up average or maybe top 10.  But Favre was allowed to develop for awhile, and it made all the difference.   I truly believe that Reid will avoid playing Mahomes in the regular season if at all possible.  He needs one more camp.  Then he will be ready to be #1 and reach his full career potential.  I look for us to pick up an old veteran to be #2.  Rushing a QBOTF is always a mistake.

Archived