Alex Smith Extended

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mongo, could you be anymore depressing? Maybe you should move on. Find a team where every move is not a bad one.

I don't think every move is a bad one.  Extending Charles for example.  You just have a pathetic need to hear every move was brilliant.  Even when they aren't.

Maybe YOU should move on, Senor Thin Skin.

Everyone deals with misery in their own way.  This is known as "pre-emption" strategy.  Mongo wants to win a championship (as if that is the ONLY purpose of playing or watching football).  Not having won one is misery.  So, in this strategy, you decide you are already miserable about it and try to make everyone just as miserable, as if that will save you the dissapointment.  We all have our own little adaptations and neuroses, and being a fan of something is almost guaranteed to bring them out.  As for me, the Chiefs are a source of interest and fun, and the times they are in contention for a title are a total gas, absolutely worth all the years of frustration in-between.  But that's just me.  Just watching humans compete at this level of skill and power is inspiring to me.

I just love your psycho-babble.  To correct you:  I really don't give a shit whether other fans are happy or not.  Believe it or not, I'm not miserable.  I enjoy the games same as you.  However, I do believe this franchise has no clue how to go about winning a Super Bowl and that has been proven time and time again.

I'm sure you will still be here to tell us how shitty the organization is and the guy they drafted or got via free agency sucks ass, then as well. :-)

And I'm sure the same cast of lemming fans will be certain the next regime will be wonderful.  And how having the next retread, "proven" coach and next castoff, mediocre, "proven" QB is exactly the proper avenue.  Of course any criticism of either will be met negatively.  And I will laugh and shake my head.

I just love your psycho-babble.  To correct you:  I really don't give a shit whether other fans are happy or not.  Believe it or not, I'm not miserable.  I enjoy the games same as you.  However, I do believe this franchise has no clue how to go about winning a Super Bowl and that has been proven time and time again.

I love my psycho-babble also.  Its true, also,  probably at least as often as the team wins. 

BTW, whether it is someone calling you depressing, or you calling someone delusional or naive, all of it is "psycho-babble".  So, your observation about psycho-babble is basically like saying nothing at all.  Let's try another tack:  Instead of analyzying each other's weaknesses as people, how about we keep in mind that we are all fans, and that, as a result,  fans get their mellow harshed when the thing they like is continuously criticized,  and 90% of that criticism based solely on opinion and foregone conclusions?  Those people don't need correcting.  Sometimes they should just be allowed to enjoy their enthusiasm.  I have a big weakness.  I'm a fan of the Chiefs.  That leaves me susceptible to frequent disappointment.  Anything that someone does that leaves them frequently disappointed is a weakness.  But at least you have none. So, that's good.

And I'm sure the same cast of lemming fans will be certain the next regime will be wonderful.  And how having the next retread, "proven" coach and next castoff, mediocre, "proven" QB is exactly the proper avenue.  Of course any criticism of either will be met negatively.  And I will laugh and shake my head.

Good to know that you laugh at times.  Also, could you answer me a question?  Aren't FANS, by definition, lemmings?  They sure look like it from a helicopter when they are piling into a stadium. 

Lemmings of the world, unite!

Well, shaking your head is a good idea... You should do that. ;-)

Everyone deals with misery in their own way.  This is known as "pre-emption" strategy.  Mongo wants to win a championship (as if that is the ONLY purpose of playing or watching football).  Not having won one is misery.  So, in this strategy, you decide you are already miserable about it and try to make everyone just as miserable, as if that will save you the dissapointment.  We all have our own little adaptations and neuroses, and being a fan of something is almost guaranteed to bring them out.  As for me, the Chiefs are a source of interest and fun, and the times they are in contention for a title are a total gas, absolutely worth all the years of frustration in-between.  But that's just me.  Just watching humans compete at this level of skill and power is inspiring to me.

I was going to read a book called "The Power Of Positive Thinking."  But, then I thought, what good would that do?

screenshot_45_zps947c9ef3.jpg

I like the cartoon. It makes me laugh. The song Jimmy cracks corn has a hidden message about drug use. 

Jimmy is slang for the foil used to smoke heroin

crack is slang for a form of cocaine that is smoked - free based

corn is slang for marijuana 

But enough with revisionist history 101 

I like the cartoon. It makes me laugh. The song Jimmy cracks corn has a hidden message about drug use. 

Jimmy is slang for the foil used to smoke heroin

crack is slang for a form of cocaine that is smoked - free based

corn is slang for marijuana 

But enough with revisionist history 101 

I didn't know that at all about "Jimmy Cracks Corn".  Completely passed me by.  I figured it had more to do with corn liquor.

I obviously did not watch the video.  Its too late.  But I will check it out tomorrow.  Leher was funny as hell.

I didn't know that at all about "Jimmy Cracks Corn".  Completely passed me by.  I figured it had more to do with corn liquor.

I obviously did not watch the video.  Its too late.  But I will check it out tomorrow.  Leher was funny as hell.

He is literally hilarious..literally. 

I love my psycho-babble also.  Its true, also,  probably at least as often as the team wins. 

BTW, whether it is someone calling you depressing, or you calling someone delusional or naive, all of it is "psycho-babble".  So, your observation about psycho-babble is basically like saying nothing at all.  Let's try another tack:  Instead of analyzying each other's weaknesses as people, how about we keep in mind that we are all fans, and that, as a result,  fans get their mellow harshed when the thing they like is continuously criticized,  and 90% of that criticism based solely on opinion and foregone conclusions?  Those people don't need correcting.  Sometimes they should just be allowed to enjoy their enthusiasm.  I have a big weakness.  I'm a fan of the Chiefs.  That leaves me susceptible to frequent disappointment.  Anything that someone does that leaves them frequently disappointed is a weakness.  But at least you have none. So, that's good.

Sorry, buddy.  This is a chat board. I'm simply disagreeing with people on certain things.  Just because I don't believe what some of you do, don't feel attacked.  That's on you.  Don't resort to insults.  That's on you.  Don't try to psycho analyze me.  Don't judge me.  Don't be a bitch.   Should you chose to do so, expect to get slapped back.                       

Sorry, buddy.  This is a chat board. I'm simply disagreeing with people on certain things.  Just because I don't believe what some of you do, don't feel attacked.  That's on you.  Don't resort to insults.  That's on you.  Don't try to psycho analyze me.  Don't judge me.  Don't be a bitch.   Should you chose to do so, expect to get slapped back.                     

Have you ever questioned yourself and the way you project your thoughts? I will leave you entirely alone, and that's a place I think you are already familiar with.

I don't dislike you, nor am I the least concerned with being slapped by you.  You are obvioulsy smart.  You just live inside your own heart and head a lot.  I wish you well. 

Just remember it isn't really all that important to be right.  Its more important to have friends.  LIfe is short.

Have you ever questioned yourself and the way you project your thoughts? I will leave you entirely alone, and that's a place I think you are already familiar with.

I don't dislike you, nor am I the least concerned with being slapped by you.  You are obvioulsy smart.  You just live inside your own heart and head a lot.  I wish you well. 

Just remember it isn't really all that important to be right.  Its more important to have friends.  LIfe is short.

I would have to take exception to the later half of your statement. You indicated that it is important to have friends, and life is short. I just want to add that it depends upon the friends you keep. According to this report, the friends you keep can make your life shorter,. In fact, your life expectancy can be as llittle as 20 years and 5 months, which is slightly more than 58 years less than the average lifespan of an American. http://api.ning.com/files/eqQpmbqcxOpwib5beiQgvPQUDY-7bLV6rHe-gtrz7-d65GEshlhlDGXD07MDM4Ie3wS1MFnK3sMo*YlIUGxxRFQnTN9YMC*U/Ganganddrugfacts.pdf

The ignore function works well.

Archived