Houston Game and buyer's remorse.

Watched Watson and I liked what I saw. I do think he is more game ready than Mahomes and I think he will win a lot of games in his career. He will not be a home run hitter. Dink and dunk and scramble for extra yards. Not throw a lot of picks. Does it sound like I am describing Alex Smith?

That is exactly what he looks like to me. I think they got a very good QB for a team that lives on defense. That said, I am happy with Mahomes over Watson. He will take some time and even then maybe become nothing, but what if he is what many think he can be? I know slow and steady one that race, but the rabbit was not Belichick.

We made the right choice.

So, let me get this straight.

It's all settled after watching one preseason game, and you haven't even see the other guy play yet?

I've never been that convinced of anything in my entire life, but you've already got it figured out.

Wow.  The NFL is really missing out on you talent evaluation.

I really don't have an axe to grind, but that's just...mind-boggling.

I would have been okay with Watson....but I was hoping for Mahomes. He has the higher ceiling. It's up to Andy Reid and Co. to figure out how to turn him into an NFL caliber quarterback. He will make mistakes and he will dazzle. Hopefully as time goes we see less of the former and more of the latter.

Prediction:  Watson will be much better than Mahomes if both started this year.  Three years from now, Mahomes will be better.  If the Chiefs line is stable, and with Fisher, Ehnler, Morse, LDT, and Shwartz they could be really good, Mahomes could have the time to be great.  Right now, he seems to need a lot of time to hit those home runs in TC and I'm not sure he's ready for game speed pressure yet.

It's all settled after watching one preseason game, and you haven't even see the other guy play yet?

I've never been that convinced of anything in my entire life, but you've already got it figured out.

Wow. The NFL is really missing out on you talent evaluation.

That's a little harsh I think. This is not based on one preseason. We have watched these 2 kids for a few years now. If you are suggesting that Watson suddenly becomes a gun slinger and Mahomes suddenly becomes a game manager seems pretty far fetched.

Wow. The NFL is really missing out on you talent evaluation.

Lmao!

I think Watson can be a plus QB in the league, in the right system. Very similiar to AS.

I wouldn't have been disapointed if KC drafted him at 27, if he was still on the board. He just wasn't worth the bet that they placed on Mahomes.

I think Watson can be a plus QB in the league, in the right system. Very similiar to AS.

I wouldn't have been disapointed if KC drafted him at 27, if he was still on the board. He just wasn't worth the bet that they placed on Mahomes.

I think Watson is in the same mold of Alex, for positive and not so positive reasons.  He's going to put himself at risk of injuries and won't look the same after a couple of them. 

He's on the lighter side, like Alex.

Archived