Pre-Season Game One: 49ers

Mahomes is the real deal. First team defense played well. Great to see Bailey with a monster tackle in the backfield. Bray has a nice arm, but can't improvise. Kpassagnon, didn't see him do much. I thought King played well in the interior. Hunt, will get his touches I think Reid was sparing him from our horrid 2nd team O-Line.

Spiller got 2 carries...big deal. On a night when Alex Smith is the leading rusher for the Chiefs with 10 yards? How can you oossibly expect to see much of Hunt? We couldn't run the ball and they ran all over us. Hard to watch.

Mahomes looked pretty decent. Sloppy game that killed any momentum we ever seemed to have.

The Chiefs couldn't run the ball because they didn't try.  My wish was that they give the ball to Hunt at least four times and see if he can break a tackle or juke around a defender.  It wouldn't have been much of a test with third string blocking against backup defenders, but we still could have seen a little.  As it was, nothing was gained, both figuratively and literally.  

The Chiefs couldn't run the ball because they didn't try.  My wish was that they give the ball to Hunt at least four times and see if he can break a tackle or juke around a defender.  It wouldn't have been much of a test with third string blocking against backup defenders, but we still could have seen a little.  As it was, nothing was gained, both figuratively and literally.  

I would suppose that the Chiefs have been able to ascertain Hunt's athleticism in camp, and that they're working on their pass-blocking schemes during the preseason games.

The fans wanted to see one thing, but the Chiefs' staff needed to see other things.

As long as Conley isn't too badly injured, the Chiefs had a beneficial first preseason game.

Pretty cheap shot on Conely for a preseason game.

Not that it would be right for a division rival, but we don't even play them and are not in their conference or division and they still hit him cheap. They're trying to make the team, so the lines are blurred a little bit so they will have a bit harder.

the thing that bothered me about Bray was that  while Smith ,Mahomes and Stave were looking at  their tablets Bray seemed to be disinterested,walked away and had a scowl on his face like he was pissed he wasn't given more Reps..maybe I was reading into his facial expressions too much but I didn't like it.

I heard one of the talking heads repeat Bil's take that Bray is #2 or gone and if he is gone the Chiefs will sign one of the veteran cuts. He said they would not let Mahomes be the number 2 because they didn't want an injury to Smith screwing up Mahomes development.

That would not be my approach, but it's not just Bil with that opinion.

Archived