3, DAT in the kicking game is questionable

4. Peters only got better.

5. DJ & Bailey seem to be making progress

Others?

w

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple end of the roster guy I liked was the Okine kid at OLB and Lampkin at corner.

I agree Ramik looked good. Looks bigger and stronger and moved well still.

Not a lot of talk about Witzmann but I thought he looked good too.

I think it might be time to cut West and Mauga. Both looked real bad.

What did we learn?

1. Establishing the Run and Stopping the Run seem to remain priorities

2. Hill looks really good.

Others?

w

1.  We need to see the complete line healthy.  Jones is coming back and the first team didn't look all that bad.

2.  Hill will open up the field for Conley, Robinson, and Wilson.  With Kelce back, I'm not worried about the receivers all that much.

3.  Not sure DAT has a role.  If Hunt replaces Knile as kick returner and one of the WRs return punts, why DAT?

4.  Not worried about Peters if he can keep his emotions in check.  Who plays the other side is the big question.

5.  Bailey looks good.  DJ will be good while healthy.  How long will he stay healthy?

1. We need to see the complete line healthy. Jones is coming back and the first team didn't look all that bad.

2. Hill will open up the field for Conley, Robinson, and Wilson. With Kelce back, I'm not worried about the receivers all that much.

3. Not sure DAT has a role. If Hunt replaces Knile as kick returner and one of the WRs return punts, why DAT?

4. Not worried about Peters if he can keep his emotions in check. Who plays the other side is the big question.

5. Bailey looks good. DJ will be good while healthy. How long will he stay healthy?

Mitchell is going to ball on the other side. Mark it.

I thought Murray was up and down also. He had a nice pass break up.

I didn't see much down for witzmann. I thought he was very solid.

He started off pretty strongly, yes you are correct. He had some issues before he was done for the night. Seems like he wore down quickly?

Still better than Fulton.

He started off pretty strongly, yes you are correct. He had some issues before he was done for the night. Seems like he wore down quickly?

Still better than Fulton.

No doubt. I am not a fan of Fulton at guard. I do think he is decent as a back up center though.

How about our defense?!

Stacked at every level, especially the D line. Idk who those Thomas and King players are but damn they make big players look smallish.

The return of Bailey surely lightened that line. Who says the Chiefs haven't heard us complain about the run defense. They stacked the D and Chris Jones is back on the practice field.

BTW, Houston looks stronger. watch out teams

I saw good things and bad things. Sample size is small to assign permanent status on which rookie or UFA is going to be a stud and who is not. Even vet players have bad games. Is it impossible to believe rookies can have a bad series then? Or a bad half? In their very first NFL experience at that? I'll let the process play out through the preseason. I've learned my lesson with guys like Kris Wilson and Jonathan Baldwin. Not gonna hype anyone until they show consistent playmaking ability. one preseason game is not enough to do that.

Ramik Wilson looked good and got bigger IMO. Looks much stronger out there and will most likely start w/ DJ.

I've liked Ramik Wilson for a long time.  Two years ago, I noticed how he has great vision and quickness. I kept noticing how he would shoot through small openings in the O-line and and catch runners during pre-season games.  Linebackers take a few years and always get bigger and stronger.  I'll take the speed and vision over any other quality in a LB when they are rookies.  I think Wilson has made it now and is ready to start alongside DJ.

What did we learn?

1. Establishing the Run and Stopping the Run seem to remain priorities

2. Hill looks really good.

Others?

w

Agree with all those things, except not sure about #3.  There must be something about him that Reid likes, but he has only disappointed me up to now, and he should have reached his peak. He just doesn't accelerate quickly enough.  Though he broke one last year, he just does not generally seem to have the vision and burst.  I guess options are short since HIll is going to be the #1 WR.

One thing that impressed me Friday night was Kareem Hunt's run blocking on ST.  Maybe that will help DAT enough to make him  at least average.

That Marcus Rush may beat out Ford if it comes to that..

I don't know.  For Ford it only comes down to how quickly he can adjust to do it from the ROLB spot.  We have seen what he can do from the left when Houston was out.  It is harder to go up against most teams' LOT.

Loved Hunt's athleticism. He played really good on ST.

KPL was really good also. I think they trade may turn out to be a steal.

Oline has a long way to go.

Bailey is back.

Wilson is improved.

What's wrong with the O-line?  I thought the first team looked pretty solid.  When the second/third stringers came in is when they started looking bad.  If Engler gets back, I think the line will be just fine.

Rush just might. It is getting crowded over there with no clear starter. More rushing reps from Kpass and Rush would be great. More ILB reps for Okine and KPL. DJ is recovering and Mitchel looks ready to go. No need to play them much.

Kpassagnon, is getting more and more reps at OLB. That just may be his nitch. At practice today he consistently ran down wheel routes against skill players. The guy has length and will only get better in pass coverage per 'Father Time' Bob Sutton.

Archived