Post Preseason Game One relevations?

What's wrong with the O-line? I thought the first team looked pretty solid. When the second/third stringers came in is when they started looking bad. If Engler gets back, I think the line will be just fine.

I think they have some work to do in the running game. They struggle with that IMO. The starters did look better than the backups. West and Ware were 1.2 and 1.5 yards per carry respectively. Alex Smith was the leading rusher on one scramble. That is what worries me most is the running game. Smith will be fine and the pass blocking will be OK I think. Balance is something this offense has struggled with.

The niners on the other hand had a guy rush for 89 yards, 60 yards and 40 yards. It's only a preseason game, but it's not a stretch to say we have room for improvement.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they have some work to do in the running game. They struggle with that IMO. The starters did look better than the backups. West and Ware were 1.2 and 1.5 yards per carry respectively. Alex Smith was the leading rusher on one scramble. That is what worries me most is the running game.

While there's certainly room for improvement among the o-line, West and Ware are backup quality RBs. Neither of them shows any patience in the backfield to allow their blocks develop. You ain't gonna make a living in the NFL just plowing into the line at full speed on every handoff. They are who they are and that is fresh legs and guys who know the system.

We need to give Hunt the rock and find out what he is, and give Spiller enough touches to take advantage of his skill set.

While there's certainly room for improvement among the o-line, West and Ware are backup quality RBs. Neither of them shows any patience in the backfield to allow their blocks develop. You ain't gonna make a living in the NFL just plowing into the line at full speed on every handoff. They are who they are and that is fresh legs and guys who know the system.

We need to give Hunt the rock and find out what he is, and give Spiller enough touches to take advantage of his skill set.

I am pretty excited about Hunt. He sounds so much like Holmes who also was not a speedster. Had great vision and balance. Very good receiver out of the back field.

I do like Ware though. I think he can be a good RB. I agree he doesn't have much patience.

What he lacks in patience, he makes up for in receiving skills.

That's fine, but the Chiefs need that RB who can be relied on in short yardage situations.  They need at least a solid threat to run for two yards to keep the defense honest.  We've seen too many plays stuffed at the line and it's not all on the O-line.  The RBs have to find the holes or bounce it outside.  Ware is okay.  West was okay in 2015 but not last year.  The Chiefs need Hunt to be that go to guy as both a short yardage receiver and a reliable short yardage runner.

That's fine, but the Chiefs need that RB who can be relied on in short yardage situations. They need at least a solid threat to run for two yards to keep the defense honest. We've seen too many plays stuffed at the line and it's not all on the O-line. The RBs have to find the holes or bounce it outside. Ware is okay. West was okay in 2015 but not last year. The Chiefs need Hunt to be that go to guy as both a short yardage receiver and a reliable short yardage runner.

Hunt will learn patience. He has great vision. He doesn't know our blockers well or the scheme. When he knows what is going to open for him and the timing, he will be fine. Anyway, with even halfway decent blocking, Ware can get those two yard 80% of the time. Too much worry.

Hunt will learn patience. He has great vision. He doesn't know our blockers well or the scheme. When he knows what is going to open for him and the timing, he will be fine. Anyway, with even halfway decent blocking, Ware can get those two yard 80% of the time. Too much worry.

Actually, Ware didn't get that two yard gain on third or fourth down numerous times last year.  Often, Reid went away from the run because it wasn't dependable.  Yeah, it worked some times, but not at an acceptable percentage.  Not making that one yard should be an exception, not a prediction.

Actually, Ware didn't get that two yard gain on third or fourth down numerous times last year.  Often, Reid went away from the run because it wasn't dependable.  Yeah, it worked some times, but not at an acceptable percentage.  Not making that one yard should be an exception, not a prediction.

You are absolutely right about last year.  No one could run, because the O-line sucked in the running game.  From all reports, things are looking much better now.   It is a very young line, there are some new players, and the starting guys have been together now for another year which is everything on an O-line.  Even Fulton is looking credible for the first time in camp  We'll see, I guess.   But it is also true that Ware ran out of gas after the first 8 games last year.  You can't keep banging your head into a wall. Even with that, his average gain last season was pretty good compared to all backs in the league.  We simply need better blocking when it is an obvious running situation.

You are absolutely right about last year.  No one could run, because the O-line sucked in the running game.  From all reports, things are looking much better now.   It is a very young line, there are some new players, and the starting guys have been together now for another year which is everything on an O-line.  Even Fulton is looking credible for the first time in camp  We'll see, I guess.   But it is also true that Ware ran out of gas after the first 8 games last year.  You can't keep banging your head into a wall. Even with that, his average gain last season was pretty good compared to all backs in the league.  We simply need better blocking when it is an obvious running situation.

West just isn't a contributor in the running game.  It remains to be seen if Spiller can come back.  If he does, Hunt can be eased in and West can go bye-bye. 

I keep my turntable in great shape, because I have a lot of good vinyl, and it has a depth that digital doesn't.  It picks up harmonics that are there but not really audible.  More felt.  Vinyl is making a big comeback.  My sons have given me a lot of vinyl from the best shops in KC for birthday and holidays.  My old giant speakers are gone, but I listen with earphones.  I've been converting a lot of it to mp3s using "Vinyl Studio" on my Mac.  Its a great program.  Then I load the files onto my phone.  I download a lot of the old stuff from Amazon, also.

I still have most of my system I bought in Korea.

Sansui SPX9 Speakers

Sansui 4900Z Receiver

Sansui 350T Turntable

Sansui D90

Only things I'm missing is my reel to reel and timmer.

I sold my Bose 901s when I was hurting for cash which really pissed me off. Since then I picked up some AM5s. I really liked the Bose.

Always like the reel to reel. It was one of the best ways to play music for hours on end.

Only problem was space. Living in the barracks was a killer with all the equipment you had to have.

I'd bequeath it to the right collector. It was my pops. It's imacualate.

Archived