Post Preseason Game One relevations?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still have most of my system I bought in Korea.

Sansui SPX9 Speakers

Sansui 4900Z Receiver

Sansui 350T Turntable

Sansui D90

Only things I'm missing is my reel to reel and timmer.

I sold my Bose 901s when I was hurting for cash which really pissed me off. Since then I picked up some AM5s. I really liked the Bose.

I loved them 901's

I keep my turntable in great shape, because I have a lot of good vinyl, and it has a depth that digital doesn't. It picks up harmonics that are there but not really audible. More felt. Vinyl is making a big comeback. My sons have given me a lot of vinyl from the best shops in KC for birthday and holidays. My old giant speakers are gone, but I listen with earphones. I've been converting a lot of it to mp3s using "Vinyl Studio" on my Mac. Its a great program. Then I load the files onto my phone. I download a lot of the old stuff from Amazon, also.

That's a waste. I dont care which format you use or what program, if you're compressing the sound back down that much (like in an mp3 file) you're losing a lot of what you love.

Try using a lossless codec instead. If storage space is no problem rip to a wav file. Or if you're ok with some compression try flac, or i guess if you're using apple you probably would prefer Apple's lossless, ALAC.

Or i guess if you're using a phone storage is an issue. I dont use apple. Can u stick a microSD in those things? I have a 256 gb card in my s7 and never have space issues. Wasnt sure what u could do with apple.

I still have most of my system I bought in Korea.

Sansui SPX9 Speakers

Sansui 4900Z Receiver

Sansui 350T Turntable

Sansui D90

Only things I'm missing is my reel to reel and timmer.

I sold my Bose 901s when I was hurting for cash which really pissed me off. Since then I picked up some AM5s. I really liked the Bose.

I still have my Bose 901s and my Samsung turntable. I have a large vinyl collection BUT the vinyl is subject to temperature. I probably have more than a hundred ruined records because the cardboard between the two sides of the records has warped over time. And that includes 1st day issue of Sgt Peppers Lonely hearts club band.

I still have my Bose 901s and my Samsung turntable. I have a large vinyl collection BUT the vinyl is subject to temperature. I probably have more than a hundred ruined records because the cardboard between the two sides of the records has warped over time. And that includes 1st day issue of Sgt Peppers Lonely hearts club band.

Damn Wilkie you needed to protect that shit. That's one thing about our dry climate here in Colorado Springs, don't have to worry about warpage.

That's a waste. I dont care which format you use or what program, if you're compressing the sound back down that much (like in an mp3 file) you're losing a lot of what you love.

Try using a lossless codec instead. If storage space is no problem rip to a wav file. Or if you're ok with some compression try flac, or i guess if you're using apple you probably would prefer Apple's lossless, ALAC.

Or i guess if you're using a phone storage is an issue. I dont use apple. Can u stick a microSD in those things? I have a 256 gb card in my s7 and never have space issues. Wasnt sure what u could do with apple.

Not only no, but hell no.

Until they come up with a proprietary memory card that costs 3x what anything else does.

Lossless is where I am.  My best shot at really listening to something approaching vinyl but that is still practical is on my phone's mp3 player in bed with good earphones before sleeping.  But I can afford large files for the really sensitive stuff.

Archived