Early LB Depth Chart

If I had to start the season tomorrow, and I hope this is how it shakes out, this would be my line up. Out side the box, I know, but we have some really exciting young LBs right now. These guys and WR make it a pretty fun camp/preseason. Tons of competition.

ROLB - Kpass, Hali

RILB - Wilson, Eligwe, Okine (bubble)

LILB - DJ, KPL

LOLB - Houston, Ford, Rush (bubble)

Probably won't shake out that way, but with Wilson looking so good, I let Mauga walk.

I know Kpass was intended to be a DE, but that is not his skill set.

Ford to me is hard to find a spot for unless he can figure out how to rush the passer from the right side. Even then, I would only use him situationally. We are too weak against the run to have him out there on most downs.

Okine is a project but has the physical prowess to turn into something. Rush and Okine should be able to contribute on special teams while they develop.

March and Nichols looks really good even though undersized before their injuries. Since I haven't seen or heard much from March which is strange because it was a hand injury. Nichols to PT when healthy. March to march on down the road.

Zombo is what he is. Career backup that doesn't bring a lot to the table.

Good stuff, Diehard.  I'm not sure the LB positions are all that strong.  DJ has peaked and even if healthy, he's getting up there in years.  Of course, Houston is expected to be a top performer.  Aside from those two, I see a lot of mediocrity and hope.  Wilson looks good, not great.  KPas and Eligwe have to prove themselves.  Ford may never be worth the pick.  The Chiefs will get by with what they have and there's enough bodies to fill all the slots, but I don't see LB as a position of strength.

I'm more comfortable with WR than LB.  Whether Hill can be a top wide out remains to be seen, but the signs are good so far.  Conley and Robinson should be okay.  The big boost to the receiver group is Kelce.  Like TG, he can present a threat that gives the others more opportunities while still getting key yards to maintain ball control and a few big plays.  He should be maturing into fewer bonehead mistakes and could be a leader on the team.  Hopefully, one of the new guys will emerge into a #3 or #4.  The Chiefs won't be great at WR, but they'll be better than last year.  For those who think losing Maclin hurts the team, consider how effective he was last year while the team won 12 games.  He can be replaced.

I would love for Okine and Kpass to develop into starting LBs. The right side of the line would have two 280 pound LBs. Good luck running on that side.

I think T-Pass' ideal weight should be 305. Just needs to put on a little more on that massive frame.

That will take some time. He lost 10 pounds since the Combine and during the season it is hard to gain weight. He could probably get to 295 or more over the next offseason. I am just not sure his natural ability is DE.

They were saying he has a bunch of different moves to get past the tackle. We will see. He is an exciting prospect for for. At either position.

Archived